PDA

View Full Version : 5K Question

iluvdumbo
06-30-2017, 02:07 PM
Hello all! My mom and I just booked our trip for January 3-11, 2018 at POP and are debating on participating in the 5K during Marathon Weekend. Neither of us are very good runners but we think we can make it at a brisk walk. I don't see anything on the runDisney website that it must be completed at a certain timing so I figured I'd ask those who would know better about the running events than me since this would be our first one! Thanks everyone!

Disney4us2
06-30-2017, 04:43 PM
I've done 3 runDisney 5K's. I do a brisk walk while using a rollator/walker. I did the last Star Wars Dark side in one hour 15 minutes. I do not stop for pictures as the lines can get long. The 5K is not timed or tracked like the other races. Good luck and have fun.

cer
07-01-2017, 06:26 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is very unlikely that you'll be able to sign up for the 5K at this date. Those events tend to sell out the day they are released which for marathon weekend is usually in April. (if I remember right)

As for your concern about completion, I don't recall there being a mandatory completion time for the 5K as there is for the half marathon and marathon. For those longer running events, a cut-off time is necessary since they have to open the course back up. For those runs for sure they require a 16 minute per mile pace.

cer
07-01-2017, 06:49 AM
So I checked and the 5K is sold out and for sure there are no pacing requirements for that distance.

However, if you are still wishing to participate, I neglected to mention the other option to explore is running for a charity. They are listed on the runDisney page and you would have to do some fundraising to gain your race registration, but that is a real possibility if you have your heart set on participating.