PDA

View Full Version : Table Service Dining

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
06-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Are there any table service restaurants that you would avoid? Granted there are off days for kitchens / staff. But just curious. Thank you!

Cinderelley
06-29-2017, 06:42 PM
I am not a fan of 50's Prime Time.

Arielfan98
06-30-2017, 09:40 AM
There are a ton of restaurants my family would avoid as we are food snobs lol. But with that said, I'll give you a list of the restaurants generally everyone agrees to avoid:

1. Tony's at MK
2. Hollywood and Vine at HS
3. Teppan Edo at EPCOT--Their food is okay from what I've heard. The thing is most people know to not go here because it's hibachi food and almost everyone has a hibachi restaurant in their hometown. Therefore, it'd be wise to skip this place to experience something new.
4. Nine Dragons at EPCOT--I've also heard this restaurant is okay. But it's just Chinese food and from what I've gathered your local takeout place will make better food.
5. Any Rainforest Cafe/T-Rex/Planet Hollywood Chain restaurant at DS--Food is generally subpar. You're really paying for the themed restaurant, but at a place like Disney there is no issue finding an excellent themed restaurant with outstanding cuisine.

ThanxForNoticin
06-30-2017, 12:41 PM
There are a ton of restaurants my family would avoid as we are food snobs lol. But with that said, I'll give you a list of the restaurants generally everyone agrees to avoid:

1. Tony's at MK
3. Teppan Edo at EPCOT--Their food is okay from what I've heard. The thing is most people know to not go here because it's hibachi food and almost everyone has a hibachi restaurant in their hometown. Therefore, it'd be wise to skip this place to experience something new.
4. Nine Dragons at EPCOT--I've also heard this restaurant is okay. But it's just Chinese food and from what I've gathered your local takeout place will make better food.
5. Any Rainforest Cafe/T-Rex/Planet Hollywood Chain restaurant at DS--Food is generally subpar. You're really paying for the themed restaurant, but at a place like Disney there is no issue finding an excellent themed restaurant with outstanding cuisine.

Really have to disagree completely with your assessment of Nine Dragons. As a family who have eaten there many times, it's nothing like our local Chinese takeout. The restaurant is gorgeous, service among the best at Disney, and everything we have eaten there has been exceptionally good.

The only restaurant we intentionally avoid from personal experience is Coral Reef. We've had 3 bad experiences there. Ee had given it some time to see if things improved for us, and then tried again. It didn't improve. But that being said, it's obviously a popular restaurant with many people.

The truth is, until you experience these places yourself, it's hard to say what to try and what to avoid. I think if a restaurant's theme and location and menu interest you, go and give it a try!

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
06-30-2017, 10:26 PM
Thank you everyone! I understand completely that everyone is different and likes different things. The thing is there are SO many places to choose from. I just wanted to hear what people had to say.

texas211
07-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Epcot- Coral Reef, the Chinese place, the Mexican restaurant INSIDE the pavilion.
DHS-Pretty much everything The 50's and the Sci Fi, horrible. Though, Sci is kinda cool inside. But nothing redeeming about the 50's.
D Springs- Rain forest. Been 3 times, horrible service each time. Would rather eat from the gas station across the street.

Mendelson
07-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Have never eaten there but San Angel seems to regularly make lists of least-favorite restaurants.

disneycutie165
07-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Via Napoli in EPCOT (Italy Pavilion) is not worth the money. People raved about their pizza before we went. We were disappointed in it for sure. It just was not what we were expecting. In the end it's up to you but just from experience we were disappointed and thought Pizza Planet was better :funny: (RIP Pizza Planet, let's petition to bring it back to Toy Story Land!)

#1donaldfan
07-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Have never eaten there but San Angel seems to regularly make lists of least-favorite restaurants.

We have tried it twice ... the first time was incredibly horrid but thought to give it another go, thinking it was us or an off night ... the second visit was even worse. So, it's forever off our list of places to eat at Disney.... that being said, everyone should still go in and check out the "atmosphere" .. one of the best on property ... plus the Donald ride is kinda relaxing !!

VacationDisney
07-12-2017, 11:30 AM
It's so hard to make recommendations for people. Looking at the list we love Coral Reef, San Angel and Mama Melroses. We've been to these places many times and never been disappointed.

We love Jiko, Brown Derby, Artist Point, California Cafe, the Italian place at Epcot (can't think of the name, it's not the pizza place) & the restaurant in France, lower level.

Tony's is OK. Nothing to write home about. Sci-Fi is fun atmosphere but food is just OK. Prime Time is a fun place and the food is alright.

We are trying Be Our Guest again. The first time was a horrible experience (food was disappointing and waiter was more concerned with getting us out of there so he could make more money and get another family in there). Our upcoming trip we are going to give it another go and see what happens.

Have fun with your choices. Remember everyone is different so opinions are going to differ. Have fun! Go where you think will be the best experience for you! Check out the menus it might help you decide right then and there!

disneycutie165
07-12-2017, 12:21 PM
We are trying Be Our Guest again. The first time was a horrible experience (food was disappointing and waiter was more concerned with getting us out of there so he could make more money and get another family in there). Our upcoming trip we are going to give it another go and see what happens.

That is so unfortunate about your experience there! Did you go for lunch or dinner? We went for lunch and loved it. And now that I'm remembering we did not seem to have a server? I could have been in my Disney haze and not remembered correctly!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-12-2017, 02:07 PM
That is so unfortunate about your experience there! Did you go for lunch or dinner? We went for lunch and loved it. And now that I'm remembering we did not seem to have a server? I could have been in my Disney haze and not remembered correctly!

Have only done BOG once, a few years back, four lunch, and there was no server. You received a GPS puck (rose) that you took to your table. When your lunch was ready it was wheeled to your table for you. Don't know if this is still the practice or not.

disneycutie165
07-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Have only done BOG once, a few years back, four lunch, and there was no server. You received a GPS puck (rose) that you took to your table. When your lunch was ready it was wheeled to your table for you. Don't know if this is still the practice or not.

Yes, you are right! I knew my mind was fogged!

Simba's Mom
07-13-2017, 06:49 PM

1. Tony's at MK

Every "avoid" restaurant is on some one's "must do". For example, for years we avoided Nine Dragons because of the reviews. When we finally decided to try it, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

MNNHFLTX
07-14-2017, 12:56 PM
Tony's and Marrakesh come to mind. Tony's food was just kind of bland and we had a not-so-great experience at Marrakesh where the table were jam-packed together so closely that the servers had a hard time literally getting to tables to serve patrons.

Arielfan98
07-14-2017, 01:01 PM
Every "avoid" restaurant is on some one's "must do". For example, for years we avoided Nine Dragons because of the reviews. When we finally decided to try it, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

This is true and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For example, I love Garden Grill even though no one else in my family does. No matter how good the food and service may be at Nine Dragons, Chinese food is a staple in my hometown so my family would prefer to dine somewhere else. Our favorite place in Epcot is Rose and Crown because we cannot find fish and chips in our hometown.