PDA

View Full Version : Rivers of Light Dining Package vs. Fastpass+

disneynarula
06-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Anyone have firsthand experience with either Fastpass+ or Tiffins Dining Package for Rivers of Light?

We have the dining package but I am thinking about dropping it if we get a Fastpass.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-19-2017, 08:57 PM
We did the Tusker House dining package, so I can't comment on Tiffins, but the ROL part was great! FP+ is pretty tight at AK, with Pandora, but if you can spare one, they both have good seats for ROL.

Dulcee
06-20-2017, 10:24 AM
We did the Tiffins package. Seating was great.

Tiffins was fantastic! Seriously. We had the curry soup and octopus appetizer. I had the waygu and DH had the venison. The vension entree was hands down the best thing we ate on vacation (and we dined at several signature restaurants).

ThanxForNoticin
06-20-2017, 10:28 AM
I think either works fine for the show - but I would recommend getting one of them to avoid having to wait in a stand-by line. FP+ folks sit in the theater near Everest. Dining package folks sit in the theater closer to Nemo. We did the Tusker House breakfast package, and it worked great - we got paper tickets for ROL at breakfast, and just handed them in when we entered the ROL theater.

pixiesmimi
07-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Anyone know if they are ever going to open the dining packages for November. I have checked every day for the last 2 months. Nothing! We have reservations for Breakfast already at Tusker House but would like to trade it for a ROL dining package. Are they just not going to do it in the winter months?

angela2679
07-28-2017, 08:17 AM
Anyone know if they are ever going to open the dining packages for November. I have checked every day for the last 2 months. Nothing! We have reservations for Breakfast already at Tusker House but would like to trade it for a ROL dining package. Are they just not going to do it in the winter months?

We're also going in November and have breakfast ressie's at Tusker house! What exactly is the ROL dinning package?

ThanxForNoticin
07-28-2017, 01:34 PM
We're also going in November and have breakfast ressie's at Tusker house! What exactly is the ROL dinning package?

The ROL Dining package? Where you get breakfast and a seat at the show - or lunch or dinner and a seat at the show. The restaurants currently offering these packages are Tusker House and Tiffins. It's similar to the Candlelight Processional where you can buy the lunch or dinner package, and be assured a seat at the show.

For some reason, they've been ridiculously delayed in releasing the dining package reservations for November. At this point, it's only a few more weeks until we can get a FP instead for the November show! I sure hope they open it up soon.

pixiesmimi
09-05-2017, 12:52 AM
Anyone have any inside information on why they have not released the November ROL dining pkg? Are they just not going to do it after October? Time to make our FPs this week and I need to know what to do.

amorillo
09-08-2017, 05:41 PM
FYI: I just, curiously, wandered over to the ROL Dining Package page to see if my date opened up yet... and it looks like the whole month of November has opened up! I managed to get a reservation for the Tiffin's ROL dining package for November 2nd. So, no more stressing about waiting in that line vs. only having the option of 3 fast passes for the entire day.

pixiesmimi
09-09-2017, 09:18 AM
I had been checking every day and asked my MJ agent yesterday if she knew when it would open up. She said she had seen that it was open. How did I miss it? Oh, maybe because I was consumed with the hurricane coming in? ;) Anyway I was able to get a ressie for Tiffins on Nov 13 for ROL but then I saw that Tiffins is a Signature Restaurant and don't want to give up 2 TS for it. I wanted Tusker House but nothing was available. So this morning while making FPs, I tried again and was able to get Tusker House and cancelled the other one. Just didn't get breakfast the way I wanted but I will take lunch. That is done! FP is done! Now come on November!