PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Restriction

Celakip
06-19-2017, 06:22 PM
Just booked a "free dining" trip for December 23rd thru January 2nd at All-Star Sports. Didn't really want to stay that long (7 nights is about right for us based on past trips), but it would only show a room available at a value resort with a minimum 10 night stay. Anything less than that, even with the exact same starting date, came back as unavailable. Just thought that was a little weird.:confused:

VWL Mom
06-19-2017, 09:04 PM
That is a bit strange but I've heard of it happening before. They set aside a certain amount of rooms for each timeframe and the 10 day is what's left for the "free dining".

It looks like room only is still available at some of the values for shorter stay. If you only want to stay for 7 days I would book that and keep my fingers crossed for a room only discount. IMO if "free dining" is making you pay for more room nights than you want it's not really worth it.

Have you tried checking with the wonderful ladies at Magical Journeys, perhaps they could help you out.

disneynarula
06-21-2017, 11:02 AM
I agree with trying to contact Magical Journeys. I consider myself a Disney travel expert but the MJ agents are miracle workers. If there is a reservation available they will find it.