PDA

View Full Version : AKL, fast passes, and trying to figure out how to make a weekend work...

mom2morgan
06-17-2017, 12:44 PM
so, we're going next may, and looking at historical crowd calendars. Weekends look quite bad - so we were going to pick whichever park would do best on Saturday, and then take Sunday off. But now I have a new idea - is it crazy? I think with Pandora that i t is hard to thoroughly enjoy Animal Kingdom with just the 3 fast passes we can count on getting (and did I hear somewhere that you can't get both Pandora passes in the same day?). So NOW what I'm thinking is that instead of taking a day off, we should do two "half days" at AKL. That would mean I could get 6 fastpasses, we could maybe do a morning or evening in the park and relax the rest of the day. Does that seem reasonable? If so - how would YOU do the fastpasses - which 3 and 3? And if you think that is crazy, which park would be the LEAST awful on a saturday where the crowds are apparently 8/10?

Genie1953
06-17-2017, 01:59 PM
We have done half days on Saturday's at Animal Kingdom and had no problems at all but Pandora was not open yet at the time.

Zippy 1
06-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Your second plan would make the most sense if you want to get fast passes for both rides in Pandora. You can only pick one when doing your fastpasses and chances of being able to get thhe other later in the day are currently zero. Hopefully by then the lines won't be as bad. I could still see at least an hour wait

ThanxForNoticin
06-19-2017, 12:48 PM
Your second plan is a good one. You'll want to do both Pandora attractions, and you'll probably want fast passes. I'd recommend you do at least one of the 1/2-days in the evening when it's dark - experience Pandora in the day and at night - it's very different. And if things work out, use that evening to perhaps enjoy the Rivers Of Light show - which you can use one of your fast passes to get a seat. Have fun!