PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean - new ride photo

Imalismom
06-16-2017, 08:26 AM
Just got this in my email:

QUOTE:

Pirates of the Caribbean at the Magic Kingdom will soon begin offering on-ride photo capture.

Beginning June 19, the PhotoPass service will snap a photo just before you take the plunge down the ride's flume.

Like other on-ride PhotoPass, you will need to be wearing a MagicBand, and the photo will be automatically linked to your My Disney Experience account. Once there, the image can be purchased, or those with Memory maker, it will be available for download.

UNQUOTE

I'd give credit to the original creator,
but I'm not sure who that was :)

texas211
06-16-2017, 08:46 PM
Hmm, taking my picture on the POTC flume is like taking my picture when I walk down the Goodyear ramps on the PeopleMover. Just really not worth getting my picture taken at that moment.

Nice reporting though Imalis!

Genie1953
06-17-2017, 09:21 AM
I'll take a Disney picture any time I can get it!

Figment!
06-17-2017, 02:10 PM
Here's the official announcement and the publicity photo:

... Beginning June 19, Disney PhotoPass Service will be at the helm ready to capture whether a pirate’s life is for you, or if you’re more likely to strike your colors and run up a white flag.

As you prepare to exit a haunted grotto and dive into the Golden Age of Piracy, a Disney PhotoPass camera will capture the perfect treasure of your swashbuckling voyage. Properly warned ye be, says I!

To preview, purchase and download this attraction photo, you must be wearing an active MagicBand linked to your My Disney Experience account. Your photo will be automatically associated to your account, where it can be viewed at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com and in the My Disney Experience mobile app alongside all of your vacation memories from Disney PhotoPass Service.

TIGGER17179
06-19-2017, 05:01 PM
It looks like everyone is looking at the camera-- Is it where you can see it or something?

Figment!
06-19-2017, 09:47 PM
It looks like everyone is looking at the camera-- Is it where you can see it or something?

Guest reports from the first day of the On-Ride Photo operation (today) have indicated that a new version of the Talking Jolly Roger :skull: has coincidentally returned before the first drop. :pirate:

... due to some new effects, Guests will likely be looking toward him around the same time the picture is taken ....

Mendelson
06-20-2017, 11:56 AM

While cute, it's clearly a contrived photo with people told when and where to look...and to smile. For one thing, there's more diversity in this boat than any random boat on POTC at any given time.

TikiLounger
06-21-2017, 08:44 AM
Yes, it's pretty cute. A fun ride for a pic.

texas211
06-21-2017, 09:40 PM
While cute, it's clearly a contrived photo with people told when and where to look...and to smile. For one thing, there's more diversity in this boat than any random boat on POTC at any given time.

HA, Truest disney comment ever.

jennsky
06-23-2017, 10:55 AM
Guest reports from the first day of the On-Ride Photo operation (today) have indicated that a new version of the Talking Jolly Roger :skull: has coincidentally returned before the first drop. :pirate:

I have missed the Talking Jolly Roger. I'm so glad he's back! It'll be a real smile on my face in the photograph. :mickey:

cer
06-23-2017, 12:42 PM

And all of them are wearing solid colors with no graphic designs...
No Mickey Ears or any hats for that matter... and the front row seems to missing their Magic Bands! :confused: