PDA

View Full Version : Another Fastpass Question

andypooh
06-09-2017, 09:46 AM
So we are have not been to WDW in 2 years and I know some things have changed with booking FP. After we complete our 3 FP at AK can we book an additional FP from our phone at MK without being at MK? We are doing AK in the morning and after a pool break will hit MK. Would like to have an FP already booked for MK before we arrive at the park. Thanks.

ThanxForNoticin
06-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Yes, that should work - based on availability, of course!

j2k
06-09-2017, 12:34 PM
So we are have not been to WDW in 2 years and I know some things have changed with booking FP. After we complete our 3 FP at AK can we book an additional FP from our phone at MK without being at MK? We are doing AK in the morning and after a pool break will hit MK. Would like to have an FP already booked for MK before we arrive at the park. Thanks.

Yes, you can do that. Last month I did the opposite. We finished at MK and were heading to the resort for naps and I booked a FP while at MK for Bug's Life at AK that evening. Of course, it depends on availability, but you can book FP for any park from any park. I also booked FP on the bus ride and while in our room at AKL. You don't have to physically be at the park you want to book for.

andypooh
06-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Yes, you can do that. Last month I did the opposite. We finished at MK and were heading to the resort for naps and I booked a FP while at MK for Bug's Life at AK that evening. Of course, it depends on availability, but you can book FP for any park from any park. I also booked FP on the bus ride and while in our room at AKL. You don't have to physically be at the park you want to book for.

And after the original 3 FP are booked you can only book one at a time until it is used I believe?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-09-2017, 10:15 PM
And after the original 3 FP are booked you can only book one at a time until it is used I believe?

Exactly!

j2k
06-12-2017, 12:35 PM

Yes, that is exactly correct. :mickey: Happy planning!

waymickey
06-12-2017, 02:41 PM
what if you only make and use 2 at the first park? Can you hop and make a third at another park?

PopPhan
06-12-2017, 04:52 PM
what if you only make and use 2 at the first park? Can you hop and make a third at another park?

Not with the way it is currently set up. The first 3 must be in the same park. Sorry.

waymickey
06-13-2017, 02:06 PM
Really so I have to use three in one park? I need to go make some more passes

mykidsmom
06-14-2017, 02:54 PM
You must be in the park that you want the fast pass for. We split our day but couldn't book a FP until we were actually at the other park, we tried, multiple times from AK for MK, couldnt do it.

j2k
06-15-2017, 10:00 AM
You must be in the park that you want the fast pass for. We split our day but couldn't book a FP until we were actually at the other park, we tried, multiple times from AK for MK, couldnt do it.

I did it a few weeks ago. Booked for AK from MK. Booked for HS from our room at AKL. Booked for MK from the bus back to AKL. We did not have to physically be at the park. It was AWESOME!

ThanxForNoticin
06-15-2017, 12:20 PM

You couldn't do it using the MDE app? We've never had any issues accessing the FP system from various locations. I could see it possibly if you need to use the kiosks for paper FP tickets. But doing it through a mobile device, it shouldn't matter. Perhaps there was some other tech issue going on at the time.

mykidsmom
06-15-2017, 02:03 PM
No. Once we entered AK, used our fast passes with the intent to hop to MK, we could not book FP until we entered MK. After checking with CM, they said this is how FP currently works, unfortunately for us. Hopefully, it changes, if it hasnt already, this was Feb 2017.

waymickey
06-22-2017, 02:08 PM
When I was there last November my phone broke. I had my DD who was home in Jersey make me fast passes all day long. I would tell her the park I was in and she would make a fast pass I would jump on the ride and text her to make another one. I hit a high of 10 FPs at MK one night. I just jumped from one ride to the next and never waited in a line. She did it all from home on her phone no problem at all. Of course it was not super busy at the park. It was Jersey Week. :)