PDA

View Full Version : Things to do

mom2morgan
06-07-2017, 11:22 PM
I'm making a list of things I have always meant to do, but never made time for. Looking for suggestions - here's what I've got so far (pretty random list)
- Go to RiverRoost and catch YeeHaw Bob
- Get a grey goose lemon citron orange slush at France
- Take time to actually watch a parade!
- take the boat to downtown disney
- watch the Electric water pageant from the beach at the Poly
- Disney quest???? (don't know if it's worth it)
- Luaua???

So - looking for things I should try after most trips being a crazy rush from ride to ride

Cinderelley
06-07-2017, 11:57 PM
I think Disney Quest is gone now.
I'm not a huge parade fan, but I did really enjoy the one in Animal Kingdom that my friends made me watch.
How about?
The campfire movie with chip and dale
Horseback riding
Carriage ride
Dueling pianos at Jellyrolls
Watch the street shows on the Boardwalk
The water parks
Miniature golf
Eat the Kitchen Sink at Beaches N Cream
Explore Animal Kingdom Lodge

Zippy 1
06-08-2017, 12:02 AM
Disney Quest closes on July 3rd

mom2morgan
06-08-2017, 12:13 AM
oh, thanks for the info on Disney Quest - was it not really a great thing, then?

Genie1953
06-08-2017, 08:27 AM
The carriage ride at Port Orleans was wonderful. We were picked up at POR and then given the choice of POR or POFQ. We chose POFQ and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think Quest is either gone or will he in a couple of weeks.

FenwayGirl
06-08-2017, 09:16 AM
How about the Surrey Bikes...that one is on my list :)

Mendelson
06-08-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm making a list of things I have always meant to do, but never made time for. Looking for suggestions - here's what I've got so far (pretty random list)
- Luaua???

So - looking for things I should try after most trips being a crazy rush from ride to ride

A lot of mine involve things to eat
Go to Sanaa and have the naan/dipping sauce appetizer
The Cronut at Caseys
The avocado margarita in Mexico
The croque glaces in France
The No Way Jose at Beaches and Cream
Take in Hoop-de-Doo

Agreed with @Fenwaygirl on the Surrey Bikes at the Boardwalk. A lot of fun!

Have you seen the movie in France? Canada?

Behind the Seeds Tour?

#1donaldfan
06-08-2017, 08:07 PM
- Luaua???

-Go to RiverRoost and catch YeeHaw Bob == he's worth it ... it gets wild at times
- Get a grey goose lemon citron orange slush at France == sounds good, not done that either
- Take time to actually watch a parade! == we used to, may try again this trip with the new fireworks
- take the boat to downtown Disney == DO IT !! I love it !! Done it 100's of times !!
- watch the Electric water pageant from the beach at the Poly == seen it from afar ..
- Disney quest???? (don't know if it's worth it) == closed and if open, not sure if I would ......
- Luaua??? == Done it, totally and completely NOT worth it. It's incredibly hot and the show is not that good ... the food was just ok ....
... have you tried taking a boat from the Contemp and heading over to Trails End to eat ! My all time fav !!
... what about taking a day or two to just resort hop and play by the pool ??

Genie1953
06-14-2017, 10:38 AM
Our last trip in November we resort hopped and walked around all the resorts we had never seen and thoroughly enjoyed it. Gave us ideas on where to stay on future trips.

EeyoresBestFriend
06-14-2017, 03:33 PM
- Go to RiverRoost and catch YeeHaw Bob - Great Idea!!
- take the boat to downtown disney - Wonderful thing to do!
- watch the Electric water pageant from the beach at the Poly - If you can be at Fort Wilderness, you can watch the Fireworks at MK from the dock or beach and then get front row seats for the Water Pageant,too!
- Luaua???

See my comments in bold beside your questions for my recommendations. The other thing I would suggest is Campfire smores (held at most resorts in the evenings).

What a great plan for some extra fun :-)

MouseHouser
10-27-2017, 08:19 AM
We enjoy the mango margarita and San Angel Inn Restaurante.

Also, we always take time out to visit the deluxe resorts for a meal or just to hang out.

luvdiznee
10-27-2017, 09:33 AM
We enjoyed going to the very innovative Disney Quest. We have also enjoyed the surrey bikes, horseback riding and the carriage rides. One thing or actually two things we haven't done is gone to either water park. I guess after 10+ trips it's time to do some water parks.

baldburke
10-27-2017, 12:41 PM
How about a tour? They can be a little pricey, especially on top of your park admission. It's an awesome way to get more insights into all things Disney.

Disney4us2
10-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Several of us did the Behind the Seeds tour at the Land in Epcot during Icot20. It was very interesting and reasonably priced.