PDA

View Full Version : Fast pass+ dissapointment

waymickey
06-03-2017, 10:34 AM
I am staying offsite due to the fact I have a dog and I don't want to board her this trip. She is getting older and doe not like strange new places very much. This leaves me with just 30 days before to grab fastpasses. I can't get one for the new ride in Pandora and I am disappointed. I know I can still go standby but that means a very very long wait. I have accepted that most likely my family will not get to experience it this trip.
( i cant anyway due to a walking cast that may still be on)

Here is my question. Anyone else find that being disappointed 30 or even 60 days out is worse than the old way of trying to grab a fastpass first thing in the morning at the park? At least then there was a glimmer of hope. Or is it just me? :(

Dulcee
06-03-2017, 11:26 AM
We really like the fast pass + system. With a toddler we can't do the mad dash for fast passes and this alleviates that. We've done trips with the Fastpass + system both on property and off. While its disappointing to not be able to get every fast pass we want when we stay off property we know we made the choice to do so and gain some benefits from doing so (saving $$$$). Our last trip was off site also due to bringing our dogs along and not wanting to kennel them.

texas211
06-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Yeah, i really miss the old system. I feel like the new system has really altered the quality of our trips by making to where you almost need a FP for everything. Also, it does have us staying onsite more frequently than we otherwise would.

BrerGnat
06-03-2017, 07:28 PM
There is a Single Rider option for Flight of Passage.

waymickey
06-04-2017, 08:52 AM
There is a Single Rider option for Flight of Passage.

That is the glimmer of hope I was looking for! MY family can ride possibly with that option.

disneynarula
06-13-2017, 04:36 AM
Yeah, i really miss the old system. I feel like the new system has really altered the quality of our trips by making to where you almost need a FP for everything. Also, it does have us staying onsite more frequently than we otherwise would.

I think this is exactly what Disney intended by creating Fastpass+,more people staying on property. I liked the old system as well. I don't like all the planning and lack of being able to wake up in the morning and decide what park we were going to. Now you have to plan that six months out, if you are including ADRs in the mix. I currently have an Excel document with "plan a" and "plan b" and all the fast pass possibilities. Right now I planned the Animal Kingdom for later in our trip in the hopes that I can still get Fastpass+ for the Pandora attractions in the morning.

To the original poster.... you could always use a wheelchair while in line. I think most the lines are accessible, and if not you could always contact guest services about assistance. It won't allow you to cut the lines but may make it possible so you don't have to stand in it.

ThanxForNoticin
06-13-2017, 11:30 AM
That is the glimmer of hope I was looking for! MY family can ride possibly with that option.

Just beware (and perhaps someone else can give a better update), but as of a week ago, they still did not have the single-rider line open for FOP. Hopefully, soon, as the crowds level a bit, they will open that up. And hopefully, it helps you experience an amazing attraction!

RunDMV
06-13-2017, 07:19 PM
We really like the fast pass + system. With a toddler we can't do the mad dash for fast passes and this alleviates that. .

I see that as a false argument. Sure, some people did the "mad dash," but it wasn't required. More importantly, Disney could have used technology to have kiosks spread around the parks where one could get FPs for rides anywhere else in the park.

I haven't been back since the "plus" system came out. We moved to Tampa last week and I reluctantly just planned a trip back. What a pain. I wont do it again .

mykidsmom
06-14-2017, 02:27 PM
Is the My Disney Experience app available to those off site? It was invaluable while we were in the parks. Don't give up hope. Have that phone out and check for fastpasses as often as you can. They become available all day long. Surely this attraction is no different than all the coveted ones. I am confident you will get one as long as you keep checking, before and during your day at the park!

DisneyFan1979
06-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Check again for Fastpasses as you get closer to your trip--things do pop up!

Also, try Pandora right at the end of the day; the standby line may be bearable.

azcavalier
06-16-2017, 11:59 AM
Is the My Disney Experience app available to those off site?

Its available to anyone, anytime. I can pull it up right now and look at wait times on rides. But to make FP+ reservations, you need to have a trip in there, and if you're staying on site you have to have that reservation linked as well.

We're staying at Old Key West in September, have our ADRs already, and will be looking to make those FP+'s in July.