PDA

View Full Version : Walking cast

waymickey
06-02-2017, 07:33 PM
I tore my Achilles and May be in a walking cast at Disney for my trip. I can tolerate rides fine and walking is ok. But I am concerned with the rides with moving paths like haunted Mansion. I am not sure how well I can manage on those. Also is there rides in which they will not let me ride with a walking cast? I am piglet sized, so leg room usually is not a problem.

ftwildernesskid
06-02-2017, 09:25 PM
I have been to Disney in a walking cast due to fractures and torn ligaments in my ankle. I was able to be on it some, but most of the time I used an EVC. However, I was able to hobble quickly enough on the moving sidewalks before rides without too much difficulty. I was also able to ride everything, although some rides were somewhat uncomfortable due to the cast taking up so much more leg room, and the angles I had to position my leg to fit. I am 5'11", though, so your Piglet stature may work to your advantage. :) I hope it goes well for you and that you heal soon!

waymickey
06-03-2017, 09:43 AM
I am piglet sized with piglet sized feet just a childs 2 1/2. I can walk on it in the cast without much difficulty. I just have no idea how just standing and not moving may be.

Cinderelley
06-06-2017, 01:52 PM
I would plan on either having very, very leisurely days with frequent stops or using a wheelchair. Walking on it normally may not hurt, but walking the size of a park may put a lot of strain on everything that was damaged around your Achilles too. You didn't say how long it has been since the injury. Walking that much may increase the swelling. I believe all rides that have the moving paths can be stopped if you have difficulty on them.

Speedy1998
06-07-2017, 12:18 PM
My wife had a walking cast and a crutches in 2006. For most of the omnimover type attractions the cast members would slow the attraction down to give my wife a few extra seconds to get in.

texas211
06-09-2017, 08:34 PM
A lot of the omnimovers they'll stop so you can board.