PDA

View Full Version : How long have you/would you stand in line for a ride?

mom2morgan
06-01-2017, 07:29 PM
This is inspired by the discussion about FIVE HOUR long lines in Pandora! LOL

mom2morgan
06-01-2017, 07:34 PM
The longest I've ever stood in line was about 2 hours, and that was for Space Mountain at Disneyland. This was mainly because we were desperate - it was SO crowded it was literally the ONLY ride we could do that whole evening. All the lines were similar, so we picked the kids' favourite. I would NEVER do that again- I remember someone here once said "The only thing I'd stand and wait that long for is the birth of a child!" LOL

BrerGnat
06-01-2017, 09:03 PM
My limit is 60 minutes now. I tend to balk around 45 min, but if I really want to ride something, or it's a new ride, I'll wait an hour.

In the past, the longest line I stood in at a theme park was 2 hours for Splash Mountain back in the early 90s. It was summer and a new ride. Lines were always long!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

CoulterFAM
06-01-2017, 09:39 PM
Here in California I waited 2 hours for Radiator Springs Racers and that was like six months after it opened. For the first 2 years after opening it was always at least a 2 hour wait and Fast passes were always GONE by mid morning if you weren't fast enough!! Forcing you to wait or do single rider or not ride at all LOL!

Dulcee
06-02-2017, 07:05 AM
The most we've done is 90 minutes back when I was a kid and Splash was new. Now I can't see myself getting in line for anything that is more than 60 minutes.

Genie1953
06-02-2017, 08:10 AM
The most we ever waited was about an hour and a half for Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland back in 2014. We arrived the last day it was open before a very extended closure for a big refurbishment. That really was one of the most enjoyable waits we have ever had. Met and chatted with a lot of very nice people while waiting.

magicofdisney
06-02-2017, 08:43 AM
When Toy Story Mania first came out, we jumped in line with a posted wait time of 80min. It ended up being longer and that queue doesn't make up for it. I HATE that queue. After that, I swore I'd never wait that long again.

Lo and behold, was at Pandora soft opening and the wait time for Flight was 100min. I went anyways and that ended up being right at an hour total, including us riding.

Generally speaking, I don't want to wait more than an hour and it'd have to be a new ride to even consider that.

azcavalier
06-02-2017, 10:18 AM
We walk away if it's more than 30 minutes, so we plan accordingly. Fast Passes for the attractions with historically long lines, and if we can't get those, we hit them first thing when the park opens. Since our visits are usually at least 8 days, we are at the opening of each park at least once, and usually twice, so we can vary what we hit first. Rarely do we visit WDW without getting to ride everything we want at least once with little-to-no wait.

Mendelson
06-02-2017, 11:06 AM
The more we go, the more enjoyment we draw from the non-attraction elements of WDW (I'm sure others on here are the same). I mean, after riding Peter Pan 20+ times, you are less fascinated by it on each subsequent ride. Therefore, the utility of spending 60 minutes in line for something I've seen/done many, many times diminishes when compared to spending that time doing something else.

Unless the queue is new or interesting to me, of course. Then there is at least some value or enjoyment from standing in line.

Speedy1998
06-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Does it count if the wait was caused by weather??

I have waited for 2 hours for TOT, we had already gotten past the pre show video and were in the boiler room when the ride closed down because of lightening. We decided that seeing as it was pouring rain outside we might as well stick it out until the ride reopened.

Other than that experience I only wait longer than 45 minutes for something, if the wait time sign was wrong when I got into line.

njespers
06-02-2017, 05:35 PM
We saw Flight during a DVC Preview of Pandora. That's one worth an hour. Otherwise 45 minutes tends to be our cutoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TikiLounger
06-03-2017, 08:39 AM
If memory serves, the longest we've ever chosen to wait was 90min. for Rockin Rollercoaster. I'm not 100% sure, though. We waited in a, supposedly, 70min long line for the Seven Dwarves Mine thing, but it ended up being MUCH longer that 70min. We didn't clock it, but it has to have surpassed 90min. I'm guessing it was more like 120.

texas211
06-03-2017, 05:31 PM
5 hours? no way. not ever.

But, I did 2 hours for Cars Racers at DCA, and 2 hours when 7 dwarfs first opened. That is my absolute max. 7dwarfs, I feel cheated since the ride is sooo short. Cars was totally worth it. Incredible ride. To me, the best ride at of the American Disney Parks. 2nd place isn't even close.

DizneyFreak2002
06-04-2017, 12:33 AM
One hour, tops... and that is pushing it... Been so many times, I don't need to see something that bad... I'll always be back, so if I see a queue is more than 45 minutes, more than likely I pass, unless I have FP or can go single rider line...

Giggy
06-04-2017, 03:21 PM
In UK parks I think I have noticed around 45 minutes is my limit.

This will be our first trip to WDW in 7 years though so it may be we are willing to have some exceptions for favourites that we haven't seen for so long. Not sure how crowds will be as we're going at one of the traditionally quieter times but in a year that we know has been busier than average... hoping to get to grips with FPP quickly enough to be tactical. :mickey:

joonyer
06-04-2017, 07:06 PM
60 Minutes Max. And it had better be a top notch attraction with no chance of me getting a FP for that day. Otherwise, we're off to do something else. On our very first family trip in 2002, before we knew how to use FP or how to really tour the parks, we waited 90 minutes to ride Splash Mountain. And we thought it was worth it, then. But that's the longest I've ever waited for any attraction, and that includes TSM and 7DMT. Park time is just too expensive to stand around for hours; we won't do it. You can spend your park time staying busy and still ride the popular attractions without long waits if you know how to plan your day.

mom2morgan
06-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Park time is just too expensive to stand around for hours; . I had never thought of it that way - great perspective!!

baldburke
06-05-2017, 12:39 PM
I'm sure I've waited nearly an hour for somethings but I don't think I would every willing get into a queue with a posted wait time over 60 minutes.

#1donaldfan
06-05-2017, 01:11 PM
We've waited in line for 2 hours before at Splash but to our credit, it was because we were there NYE and we were simply waiting for mid-night .... so, waiting in line for a ride or waiting on a curb for the fireworks was pretty much weighed heavily in our favor as we got to ride a ride .... but to wait longer than 60 minutes for a ride otherwise .. NO WAY !!

Lindsey
06-05-2017, 01:46 PM
The very first spring break that Splash Mountain was open, my Mom, siblings, and I waited 2 1/2 hours in line. :wait: We had a great time though; made a friend in line and we loved the ride. :mickey:

BigRedDad
06-07-2017, 11:29 AM
When it was only MK and River Country, lines were LONG for Space Mtn. Then BTMRR opened with even longer lines. The worst ever were the Lion King lines at MK. 5 hours was nothing compared to back in the day. I will not wait more than 30 minutes for anything other than park opening. It will just have to wait til the next trip.

BriarRose0708
06-07-2017, 04:29 PM
No longer than 20-30 minutes for something like Pooh or Haunted Mansion, and up to an hour for a ride like Splash Mountain or Expedition Everest. There's no way I'd wait 5 hours for something, even at Disney!

Ian
06-11-2017, 10:38 AM
This is a slightly more complex answer than the poll would allow for, but I chose my general limit of 30-60 minutes. That said, I might be willing to wait like 45 minutes for a ride like Soarin' or one of the mountains, but certainly not for other attractions.

The bottom line is I've been on these rides so many times it's simply not worth it to me to spend 2 hours of my life in line for a 2 minute ride I've been on 100 times.

SandmanGStefani24
06-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Back in the pre-fastpass days my buddies and I stood for an hour more than once, but not much longer than that. Those were the good old days, lol. People paid attention to the details of the queue areas, people weren't buried in their phones and talked.

Now though, even I can't be bothered to wait more than 20-30 minutes.