PDA

View Full Version : 18% gratuity on dining package

Going2HeavenRU
05-31-2017, 08:42 AM
I just finished setting up my dining reservations for a party of between 6 and 8 people. I was told a gratuity of 18% was going to be automatically added to the bill. How does this work with the dining package? Do we have to pay separately for the tip?

DisneyVampire
05-31-2017, 08:57 AM
I just finished setting up my dining reservations for a party of between 6 and 8 people. I was told a gratuity of 18% was going to be automatically added to the bill. How does this work with the dining package? Do we have to pay separately for the tip?

Yes since you have more than 6 people per reaervation, they will automatically put that price on your bill to pay and hand it to you at the end of your meal. It is not included in the dining packages.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Going2HeavenRU
05-31-2017, 09:11 AM
Thank you for the quick response!

Hammer
05-31-2017, 12:16 PM
Tipping is not included with the Dining Plan, regardless of the party size. You would always need to pay for it separately. As was mentioned previously, for a party of 6 or more, you are automatically charged a set 18% gratuity and the bill will be handed to you.

mom2morgan
05-31-2017, 05:29 PM
And logistically speaking I find the easiest way to do this is just to write it on the bill and have it automatically billed to my credit card on file, instead of trying to calculate it and find the cash! Disney is very considerate in automatically telling you exactly how much 18% is....but for groups under 6 people that is not "required" so don't let them bully you with the number printed on the bill. YOU still get to decide how much of a tip is genuinely warranted....unless you are a party of six. Then if you get ****** service, oh well ;-)

BIGDOG
10-05-2017, 12:13 PM
I find 18% rather high for a buffet meal