PDA

View Full Version : Question about Annual Pass Renewal

Lindsey
05-22-2017, 11:54 AM
So....I renewed my annual pass a week prior to my previous one expiring, (expiration was May 11th). I don't need another Magic Band, I have plenty, but is Disney going to mail me another passholder card? My current passholder card has my old expiration date written on it, additionally the card has "2016-2017" printed on it. I would assume I need a new one that has "2017-2018" on it as the card is what is needed to get a discount at restaurants & such.

AgentC
05-22-2017, 12:10 PM
You have to go into MDE and either accept or decline the new Magic Band. If you renewed last year you probably have the older style and might want to get the new style. For unknown reasons your bank comes with a pass holder info that tells you you need the card for discounts but no card. You have to go guest services to get one.

I renewed my pass in March and finally got my new card yesterday. Before that I was still using the 2016-2017 one without issue.

Lindsey
05-22-2017, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I have newer band, so I'm good there. Weird that they don't mail you a new card. :unsure:

Daisy'sMom
05-23-2017, 07:42 PM
You would think they would mail it with your magic band. I'm surprised you don't want a new one. I love getting a new one each time I renew. How did you get one of the new ones if your pass didn't expire until May? Please don't tell me you purchased one.

Lindsey
05-25-2017, 11:06 AM
When I booked resort ressies for April they let me get a new band.

I decided to go ahead and get another band anyways; the only color I don't have of the standard bands is pink, so I guess my color collection is complete now.