PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP or just regular day in park?

TIGGER17179
05-15-2017, 10:40 AM
We are going in October and was thinking about doing the party. It's just me and my husband no kids. Is it worth it to do the party for the $200.00 extra it will cost or should we just add another regular day in the park? I have us doing a regular day on that Monday at MK already.
We currently have park hopper tickets and I've done our dining for the week but would need to add another day or do the party for that one day to keep the one at BOG at 4:30 I have on that day. Any opinions?

joonyer
05-15-2017, 11:17 AM
If you have never done MNSSHP before, and since it's just the two of you, I'd do it. After doing it once, you'll know whether it 's worth it to you to do it again. The first time we did the party, it was less than $50.00 per person, and it was well worth it to us. Our kids loved the trick or treat candy, the parade and fireworks are the best that Disney has to offer, and the decorated park and costumes are just way cool. However, as the price began to rise, even though the party remained the same, it just got too expensive for us. We have been several times, but now we are just content to rely on our memories of it. I just can't justify paying that much for a family of four (or more) for a few hours, even though it's a great event. For a first timer, though, I might go for it. You won't be disappointed with the party, just maybe the price. It's very popular, so I can understand Disney raising the prices to what the market will bear, although they limit the numbers of ticket, I don't think they sell out in advance except right around Halloween itself.

TIGGER17179
05-15-2017, 11:47 AM
50.00 a person would be awesome. We are already splurging on the hotel trying to recreate our honeymoon 5 yrs ago at the Beach Resort so I'm torn. I may go ahead and do it just hate to spend that much. Thanks for the input.

ThanxForNoticin
05-15-2017, 01:01 PM
I think we'd be in the other camp. I'd pay a few extra dollars for another day on my park passrather than spend all the extra money on the Halloween party - especially without kids. We did it with our kids awhile back, and it was fun - but we'd never do it without the kids, due to the extra cost. Just our opinion.... But it's quite popular, so lots of people are doing it!

TIGGER17179
05-15-2017, 03:52 PM
That is a tricky one- One of those things you'd like to do once but 32.00 versus 200.00- just wasn't sure if it was worth it. I understand you can get on rides easier and the parade is cool. Was wondering about the kids if it was going to be crazy.

Anthony007
05-15-2017, 08:37 PM
Well.....if you ever want to see it, it's probably never going to be as cheap as it is right now......

TIGGER17179
05-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Thanks everyone- I went ahead and bought tickets- I think I'd regret not going one time.

mrte62
05-28-2017, 08:44 PM
Thanks everyone- I went ahead and bought tickets- I think I'd regret not going one time.

We have done MNSSHP a few times over the years .... October of 2013 was a really crowded, I mean really crowded .....

TIGGER17179
06-19-2017, 05:06 PM
We are going to the MK as a day on it's own and then the party another day using the morning for resting and pool so we should be able to get all our stuff in I hope.