PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans thoughts? #1 Donald, are you out there?

mom2morgan
05-09-2017, 10:17 PM
I'm planning first trip in 6 years, and just checking to see if there is anything I need to know about changes to POR. That is really "home" for us - we did a few days at AKL once and really liked it as a change, but didn't much care for the "hotel" feeling and can't see a whole trip there. We did Carribean once and I hated every second of it (although hubby REALLY liked the hammock). Will I still love my beloved Riverside or have they done terrible things to it? LOL I should also say that every other trip was at Christmas time and this will be May, so I'm a little afraid it won't have the same magic....

#1donaldfan
05-10-2017, 11:49 AM
I have a feeling you will still love it there !!! They have themed room since your last visit, I do believe, however most things Riverside remain perfectly the same. May will certainly be hotter than December but that is when we usually go and we love it. The shaded pathways, the tons of pools to choose from, the boat to DtD ... just everything Riverside has to offer makes it feel like "home" for us too !!

mom2morgan
05-10-2017, 11:34 PM
AWESOME! I knew you'd be able to tell me ;-) I have no real interest in the princesss themed rooms - would love to stay in the mansions again. Can't wait!

texas211
05-13-2017, 08:32 PM
Long live Dixie Landings

#1donaldfan
05-17-2017, 12:17 PM
Long live Dixie Landings

.... and Boatwrights breakfast !!!

brownie
05-17-2017, 09:01 PM
.... and Boatwrights breakfast !!!

I really miss the banana stuffed French toast. Tonga toast had never been as good for me.

#1donaldfan
05-18-2017, 12:45 PM
I really miss the banana stuffed French toast. Tonga toast had never been as good for me.

That is what I was thinking .... remember the sweet potato pancakes with that pecan butter ??!! Why did they discontinue breakfast !!??