PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Ticket Offer

mom2morgan
05-09-2017, 09:32 AM
I just saw the special discounted tickets for Canadians. What it does NOT say is when those tickets need to be used by - does anyone know if they have an expiration date? I'd be hoping to use them NEXT May. And is it as good a deal as it looks like?

PopPhan
05-09-2017, 01:55 PM
If these tickets are equal to the US tickets currently available, there is a one year expiration for first use and the standard 14-day for complete usage after first use.

jennsky
05-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Actually the Canadian ones DON'T expire...well not until 2030 according to My Disney Experience. I'm Canadian and bought one for myself. There is the standard 14 day expiry after first use, but that's typical. Just to be sure, I even did the online help chat to confirm and there is no expiry date, so you'll definitely be fine next May (I bought some for next February). Time to stock up! The sale ends on May 20th!

jennsky
05-09-2017, 04:53 PM
Oh, and to answer the second half of your question, YES it is a good deal. About $125 US savings on a four day hopper. Now when you convert US $ to CDN $, well, that's where you appreciate the discount. :blush: You just need to remember that the first day you go to use the tickets, you have to take your voucher to a ticket window with your passports to get them activated. I don't really like having my passport with me while I'm visiting a theme park but for $125 savings, I'll deal with it.

mom2morgan
05-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Awesome! I'm a little paranoid and feel like I should call first, but this sounds great.

CanadianWDWFan
05-10-2017, 11:50 AM
The 35% discount just makes it worth the difference in exchange rates. Got to get me some!! Usually I get the 7 day pass Air Miles offer, this February they had an offer for 25% off. A good deal but I like this new one better.

mom2morgan
05-11-2017, 04:58 PM
Just to confirm what I was told above, here is the email I got :-)

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort. We are excited to hear you are planning a trip here!

I have partnered with Ticket Services and found that those reduced rate tickets do not expire until they are used and they will then expire 14 days from first use.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.