PDA

View Full Version : day one without the dining plan - a success!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-07-2017, 07:22 PM
We started going to Disney in earnest around 2005, right when they introduced "free" dining and for most of our trips, we've had the free DDP, or on the trips that didn't have it, paid for the dining plan.

So, here we are, DD and I are here on a girls trip, and we didn't get the DDP. It is our first trip without it, and I was totally freaked out. Day one, the DDP would have cost us $134 for the regular plan. Our food cost for day one? $50. We had lunch in the MK (Casey's) and dinner off-site (we'd NEVER go off site to eat with the DDP), both got exactly what we wanted, and my OOP cost was $50.

Don't think the rest of the trip will be this cheap, but it is a great start.

So ... what are your favourite sharable QS meals? Or just the best value for OOP QS meals?

Horizon One
05-07-2017, 08:54 PM
I have not done oop but my favourite places are as follows:
Epcot Japan counter service
Magic Kingdom Cosmic Rays I can't resist seeing Sonny Eclipse
Hollywood Studios ABC Commissary

eam
05-07-2017, 09:07 PM
We love Earl of Sandwich. And if you belong to AAA, you can get a 15% discount. A great deal anytime, but by Disney standards, a fantastic deal. :)

steamboat willy
05-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Counter Service at Disney Springs, Wolfgang Puck Express. Anything from a shareable woodfired pizza to big plate of meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express, Flame Tree BBQ

waymickey
05-08-2017, 02:07 PM
We have never done the dinning plan and have been going for many years. Good value and good food can be found all over.

busterthebronco
05-13-2017, 10:54 AM
We avoid the DP too. We like to just do what we want and not feel obligated.