PDA

View Full Version : Picking out a DVC

zoopop
05-03-2017, 12:08 PM
My family of (Wife, 6 yr old, 2 yr old, sister in law (28)) are planning on going to Disney World for my 40th Bday this early DEC. We had pts rented at the Poly (Studio) & due to my wife's work we had to move our trip a week.

We love the Poly and the new date were going they don't have a studio there. After thinking about it the Studio might have a been a bit too small for us anyway.

Any recommendations??

Were now looking at a 1 Bedroom Villa. I'm pretty prone to the Monorail resorts with our 2 year old. Also, I think space will be a factor.

We stayed at a Studio at Bay Lake in 2014 and enjoyed but felt there wasn't much a WOW factor to go back. I'm not trying to break the bank but this is for my 40th (and celebrating 3 bdays in Dec)

Any help or suggestions will be helpful. Thanks

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
05-03-2017, 01:42 PM
I know its not on the monorail line, but AKL Kidani Village is awesome, and the kids will love seeing the animals.

Cinderelley
05-03-2017, 01:49 PM
I would choose AKL also.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-03-2017, 02:00 PM
Sounds like the Grand Floridian may be a match for you. I love the water play area, and it is on the monorail. The only thing that worries me is the lack of "real" beds. There is a king bed, a pull-down and a pull-out couch ... but I'd take it over the studio, for the full kitchen and extra room.

zoopop
05-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Well....looks like renting DVC is out of the question for the week were going. Dec 1st thru Dec. 7th.

We were gonna be in a studio so me and wife are talking about just getting a room on the resort line. Maybe splurge for club level.

I would like to try the AKL but our 2 yr old will get tired and my wife would rather monorail back to room than bus it.