PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Releases First Park Map Showing Pandora: the World of Avatar

Figment!
05-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Walt Disney World has updated their on-line park map for Disney's Animal Kingdom giving the first official look at the layout of Pandora: the World of Avatar:

The updated map also reveals a new path that will connect Pandora to the Port Harambe section of Africa:

John
05-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Walt Disney World has updated their on-line park map for Disney's Animal Kingdom giving the first official look at the layout of Pandora: the World of Avatar:

The updated map also reveals a new path that will connect Pandora to the Port Harambe section of Africa:

Looking forward to bringing you a first look and thoughts a week from this Friday...

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-02-2017, 10:04 PM
So exciting!!

Disney4us2
05-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Looking forward to bringing you a first look and thoughts a week from this Friday...

You have me beat. I get to preview on the 16th. Really curious about Flight of Avitar, as to what type of attraction ( IE coaster or more like Star Tours)

PopPhan
05-03-2017, 07:46 AM
From everything that has been shown, Flight of Passage is more of a simulator ride. The rider will be on a rig much like a motorcycle (or speeder bike -- Star Wars precursor perhaps?) on a gimbal that will simulate the flight patterns of the banshee while experience the terrain in 3D (4D????)

Dulcee
05-03-2017, 08:33 AM
You have me beat. I get to preview on the 16th. Really curious about Flight of Avitar, as to what type of attraction ( IE coaster or more like Star Tours)

An article I read on it (can't remember the source) described it as a simulator but entirely more immersive than either Star Tours or Soarin

John
05-03-2017, 09:19 AM
I purposefully haven't looked at some of the spoiler stuff and ride system info to just be surprised when I see it for the first time...

goofygirl64
05-03-2017, 09:33 AM
I can't wait, but I have to! Not going until September:mickey:

Mackflava99
05-03-2017, 10:04 AM
I have already booked my FP+ for our trip in June, but will be anxious to hear John's report :)

cer
05-03-2017, 10:51 AM

YAY! I am excited for your review.

John, have you watched or are you planning to watch Avatar before you visit? Or are you planning on intentionally going to experience the land as a stand alone environment?

The last I heard on the podcast was that you purchased it on ebay but have not watched it. I have not watched it either...

ransam
05-03-2017, 12:41 PM
I'm really excited, but worried if i can ride it... I"m a big boy and wondering if there's a weight restriction. I can ride almost anything at wdw..only thing is the raft rde.

PopPhan
05-03-2017, 12:53 PM
I purposefully haven't looked at some of the spoiler stuff and ride system info to just be surprised when I see it for the first time...

Sorry, John...I guess I should have used the 'spoiler' setting for my reply.

#1donaldfan
05-03-2017, 01:07 PM
I can hardly wait .... but it's the end of June for me !!

John
05-03-2017, 08:21 PM
YAY! I am excited for your review.

John, have you watched or are you planning to watch Avatar before you visit? Or are you planning on intentionally going to experience the land as a stand alone environment?

The last I heard on the podcast was that you purchased it on ebay but have not watched it. I have not watched it either...

LOL - that I haven't decided yet.... nope, still haven't watched it. BluRay player hasn't been hooked up yet after we moved in December. Been too busy doing house stuff ;)

PeterPan
07-06-2017, 07:14 PM
That looks like a LONG trek on the new pathway to Africa. So ... is that open yet?

PeterPan
07-06-2017, 07:17 PM
Also, I may be wrong, but I believe this is the first "land" Imagineers ever created that had only one entrance. More or less bottlenecked, if I'm right. Wondering what's the thought process behind that, because it sounds like a huge congestion problem to me.

PopPhan
07-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Also, I may be wrong, but I believe this is the first "land" Imagineers ever created that had only one entrance. More or less bottlenecked, if I'm right. Wondering what's the thought process behind that, because it sounds like a huge congestion problem to me.

Camp Minnie Mickey, which this land replaced only had one entrance/exit. There are two entrances/exits from Pandora -- The original, from/to Discovery Island (Tree of Life area) and one from/to Africa.

magicofdisney
07-07-2017, 09:16 AM
When we were there, the pathway to Port Harambe was only for exiting Pandora.