PDA

View Full Version : Disney Resurrection

baldburke
05-01-2017, 12:43 PM
No...I'm not say we should thaw out Walt's potentially frozen body. I was just curious if there was any one single ride that you could resurrect or bring back to life then which would it be? And would you be okay with the Imagineers giving it an update if you got some semblance of a childhood memory back?

My guess is that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride would get the most votes. However for me it would be 20,00 Leagues Under the Sea. As a kid I recall it being an awesome ride. However it was probably little more than a few animatronics in a tub so absolutely I would be okay with them giving it a 21st century update.

Dulcee
05-01-2017, 12:55 PM
I would love love love to see the original Imagination back, with new technology the original version would be amazing

lawgirl
05-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Definitely 20,000 Leagues. I was a toddler but I still remember it so vividly. And Horizons. OMG. Please bring it back!

DizneyFreak2002
05-01-2017, 07:11 PM
The original Journey into Imagination... Horizons.... Jeremy Iron's version of Spaceship Earth... Alien Encounter...

That's to name a few....

williamabutler
05-01-2017, 09:32 PM
No...I'm not say we should thaw out Walt's potentially frozen body. I was just curious if there was any one single ride that you could resurrect or bring back to life then which would it be? And would you be okay with the Imagineers giving it an update if you got some semblance of a childhood memory back?

My guess is that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride would get the most votes. However for me it would be 20,00 Leagues Under the Sea. As a kid I recall it being an awesome ride. However it was probably little more than a few animatronics in a tub so absolutely I would be okay with them giving it a 21st century update.

Mr. Toads and a re-themed 20,000 leagues as well as Snow White's Scary Adventure are all still open at Disneyland. They are all three very low capacity and fit in well there. I don't see them ever bringing them back to WDW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magicofdisney
05-02-2017, 09:56 AM
The original Journey into Imagination... Horizons.... Jeremy Iron's version of Spaceship Earth... Alien Encounter...

That's to name a few....
You pretty much spoke for me here expect I'd want Horizons to be a TOP PRIORITY.

laprana
05-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Horizons, hands down! If I had a time machine, one of my stops would be EPCOT Center circa 1987 to ride Horizons again. :D

joonyer
05-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Wonders of Life, especially Cranium Command!

lindique
05-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Horizons, It's Fun to be Free, and Journey into Imagination.

BTW, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is an upgraded version at Disneyland - the last scene is really good!

Mackflava99
05-03-2017, 10:06 AM
20,000 leagues definitely makes me recall my childhood- So I guess that would be my choice.

ransam
05-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Horizions

1DisneyNut
05-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Mr. Toad's would get my vote, it is one of my favorites. Next would be Snow White.

We went to Disneyland in California this past summer so I got to ride Mr. Toad's and it was great. I also remembered 20,000 leagues under the sea from when I was a kid and have always wished they would bring it back but I got to ride the Finding Nemo voyage version at Disneyland and it isn't near as impressive as it was when I was a kid. lol

texas211
05-06-2017, 06:43 PM
Spot on BaldBurke.

20,000, Horizons, World of Motion, Maelstrom, Mr. Toad,,

Honorable mention: the Wonders of Life Pavilion in general, rental boats at Dixie Landings.

Fusillejerry
05-06-2017, 09:00 PM
There are plenty I would love to see back, but off the top of my head I would like to be able to bring my kids on Delta Dream Flight. I've always enjoyed air travel so this was one of my favorites when I was young. The part with the spinning turbine effect is burned into my memory.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

baldburke
05-08-2017, 01:20 PM
There are plenty I would love to see back, but off the top of my head I would like to be able to bring my kids on Delta Dream Flight. I've always enjoyed air travel so this was one of my favorites when I was young. The part with the spinning turbine effect is burned into my memory.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Was that in Tomorrowland? I don't seem to recall it? What was it and where was it?

joonyer
05-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Where Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is located now, Delta Dream Flight was actually the second iteration of the ride. The original attraction (opened 1972) was sponsored by Eastern Airlines and was called "If You Had Wings", and then later called "If You Could Fly", until Delta took over the sponsorship. Delta bailed out in 1996 and after that it was un-sponsored and was called "Take Flight", but it closed in 1998. Then the attraction was remodeled and renovated into Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. Same building, same basic omni-mover ride system.

Isabella
05-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Wonders of Life, especially Cranium Command!

YES!!!! Cranium Command!!!!!

magicofdisney
05-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Where Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is located now, Delta Dream Flight was actually the second iteration of the ride. The original attraction (opened 1972) was sponsored by Eastern Airlines and was called "If You Had Wings", and then later called "If You Could Fly", until Delta took over the sponsorship. Delta bailed out in 1996 and after that it was un-sponsored and was called "Take Flight", but it closed in 1998. Then the attraction was remodeled and renovated into Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. Same building, same basic omni-mover ride system.

I still remember some of the song from If You Had Wings. It was one of my Mom's favorites, so we must have gone on it several times.

baldburke
05-09-2017, 11:52 AM
I still remember some of the song from If You Had Wings. It was one of my Mom's favorites, so we must have gone on it several times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azp_BM_eK_0

Ah...it's all coming back! I do remember this!

Disney24-7
05-12-2017, 08:35 AM
I would love to see the people mover and Country bears back at Disneyland