PDA

View Full Version : New Mickey Mouse Celebration Cakes Available Starting May 17, 2017

Figment!
04-30-2017, 07:29 PM
Walt Disney World has announced a new cake program for special occasions:

...A brand-new Mickey Mouse celebration cake will be available to order beginning May 17 at any Walt Disney World Resort owned-and operated table-service restaurant.

Available in decadent chocolate or sweet white chocolate, the Mickey-shaped cakes are sure to be the icing on the cake of your celebration! A special message of “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations” is available on the chocolate ears—or leave them blank—the cakes are adorable either way! Each cake serves 4-6 guests, and costs $35 plus tax and gratuity (where applicable). Advance payment is not required with confirmed restaurant reservations.

Reservations for the new Mickey Mouse celebration cakes begin May 17. Celebration cakes will be able to be added to a new or existing dining reservation by calling 407-WDW-DINE or by inquiring in person at a Walt Disney World Resort concierge desk or restaurant podium. Day-of quantities are limited, so make arrangements prior to dining.

buzznwoodysmom
05-01-2017, 10:32 AM
Those are really cute!

baldburke
05-01-2017, 12:25 PM
Ah...another way to monetize something they used to provide as a free perk. My guess is that these cakes are at least $20 to $30 where they currently give you modest celebratory sweet. I wonder if the modest treats will continue or if they will be completely replaced with these new items? Don't get me wrong...we'll probably fork out the cash for them and not blink an eye, but I was just curious.

buzznwoodysmom
05-01-2017, 01:08 PM
We have ordered customs cakes 3-4 times now. This seems much more convenient than calling the cake hotline months out. We may still order custom cakes for some occasions, but this option seems like a good one if you want a cake the whole family can enjoy without too much notice or work on your end.

The free cupcakes are nice, but some families like the option to have a cake the whole family can enjoy. This one says it serves 4-6. Seems worth it for a birthday celebration to me.