PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Sanaa

Mr.K
04-23-2017, 09:03 PM
Unexpectedly, we had an extra night in the WDW area, so we made ressies at Sanaa for a late dinner, Easter week 2017. We like exploring places we've never got to yet at WDW, and we thoroughly loved Sanaa.

The food was amazing! We started with the Indian-style bread service, a fabulous appetizer with 5 types of flatbread and a host of flavorful dipping sauces. Super yummy! We have talked about this app for many days since eating here.

For our entrees, we got the lamb shank, the Braaivleis (a sampling of three grilled meats), the Potjie Inspired (again - choices - we got the braised beef and chickpea wat but this dish can be refashioned many different ways), and the duck. We loved everything. Truly flavorful and very elegant. The veggies and sides were all great too. The four of us ate everything.

We got no dessert, so sorry no info on sweets here.

The service was great, and the decor was beautiful. Very unusual and interesting, with a ceiling of trees and fun artwork.

Fair warning, my family are all fans of Indian food, so we imagined we would like it here. The food had Indian leanings, but was not overwhelmingly unusual or too spicy. The food here should appeal to people who like good food, not just Indian food. To box it in as only Indian cuisine would be a mistake, as it has much broader appeal with elements of African food as well.

Also, this was our first visit to Kidani Village, and we loved it. From Sanaa, there is an outdoor walkway platform ending in an animal-observation area with firepit and rocking chairs. Very fun and relaxing. Lots of animals roam this area (giraffes, wildebeest, etc.) and after dinner the resort brought out night vision scopes to observe the animals in the dark.

We will be back!

ThanxForNoticin
04-24-2017, 12:57 PM
Without a doubt, Sanaa has become one of our favorite restaurants on property. The food, the service, the location, and the view - all very, very nice.

thejens
04-26-2017, 11:47 PM
One of our very favorites!

Fusillejerry
04-27-2017, 08:48 AM
Unexpectedly, we had an extra night in the WDW area, so we made ressies at Sanaa for a late dinner, Easter week 2017. We like exploring places we've never got to yet at WDW, and we thoroughly loved Sanaa.

The food was amazing! We started with the Indian-style bread service, a fabulous appetizer with 5 types of flatbread and a host of flavorful dipping sauces. Super yummy! We have talked about this app for many days since eating here.

For our entrees, we got the lamb shank, the Braaivleis (a sampling of three grilled meats), the Potjie Inspired (again - choices - we got the braised beef and chickpea wat but this dish can be refashioned many different ways), and the duck. We loved everything. Truly flavorful and very elegant. The veggies and sides were all great too. The four of us ate everything.

We got no dessert, so sorry no info on sweets here.

The service was great, and the decor was beautiful. Very unusual and interesting, with a ceiling of trees and fun artwork.

Fair warning, my family are all fans of Indian food, so we imagined we would like it here. The food had Indian leanings, but was not overwhelmingly unusual or too spicy. The food here should appeal to people who like good food, not just Indian food. To box it in as only Indian cuisine would be a mistake, as it has much broader appeal with elements of African food as well.

Also, this was our first visit to Kidani Village, and we loved it. From Sanaa, there is an outdoor walkway platform ending in an animal-observation area with firepit and rocking chairs. Very fun and relaxing. Lots of animals roam this area (giraffes, wildebeest, etc.) and after dinner the resort brought out night vision scopes to observe the animals in the dark.

We will be back!
Do you consider this restaurant to be kid friendly (ages 4 and 8) in terms of food and atmosphere? I would love to try it on our next trip.

Mackflava99
05-02-2017, 02:07 PM
I have been to Sanaa 3 times and each time has been excellent. The food and service are always good-

As for if its kid friendly - my twins were 5 the first time and we had a table near the window- so the animals helped. But I didn't see a reason why it wouldn't be.

Mr.K
05-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Do you consider this restaurant to be kid friendly (ages 4 and 8) in terms of food and atmosphere? I would love to try it on our next trip.

I would definitely call this kid friendly. Great atmosphere and decor will be interesting for all ages. We all loved the food. My youngest is 12, but food for younger tastes will be found here. They did have a kids menu with many of the typical kids-choices too.

mimi78
05-16-2017, 03:42 PM
This was very helpful to know! I have a reservation here with our group in a few weeks, and I was feeling unsure about it. I don’t particularly care for Indian food, and while I enjoy Boma and Jiko I probably tend toward the more tamer choices on the menu. (Despite what it sounds like I’m not very picky about food in general, it’s just that some spices don’t agree with me.) Thinking good thoughts about Sanaa!

disneynarula
06-13-2017, 04:09 PM
This is one of our favorites as well. We came upon it when we booked a "last minute" trip during free dining and could not get ADRs at any other places.

We love Indian/African/Middle Eastern food and are adventurous eaters.