PDA

View Full Version : Asian Disney Parks (HK, Shanghai, Tokyo) - Advice?

Awesome_guy
04-23-2017, 08:33 PM
Greetings Intercot!

Well the flight to HK is booked and it's looking like this July will see me in HK, Shanghai, Beijing, and Tokyo! Exciting!

Tentatively the plan is for a day(ish) at HK Disneyland, at Shanghai Disneyland, and at Tokyo DisneySea (and possibly Land, too if the others don't reach a threshold).

Have you been to any of the Asian Disney parks?
Any ticket advice? Prices don't seem to vary like Paris and the only real complication seems the lack of hopping options in Tokyo.

What to prioritize? I think I know the basics, but this trip won't be all about Disney so will have to do what we can at each park in limite amounts of time?

Thanks in advance for any tricks and tips! Exciting to think of the possibilities!

lawgirl
04-23-2017, 09:16 PM
Hey! Sounds like such an awesome trip. I haven't been (on my bucket list) but my favorite Disney blog, "Disney Tourist Blog" aka the fabulous Tom Bricker has been, and has excellent blog posts about Shanghai and HK. I've been going to WDW my whole life, and all of his reviews, tips, and suggestions are always spot on, from dining reviews, to park plans, to photography tips. If you get a change I would highly recommend checking out his blog. I don't know him personally, but love his blog and wealth of Disney knowledge.

disneydave78
04-24-2017, 12:18 AM
Hi! Sounds like a great trip! In HK, you can (could in 2016 anyway) get discount passes to HK Disneyland from the MTR (in the stations), but they are good for a specific day only. So if you know the exact day you're going, you can save, IIRC, like $15 USD.

HK has some unique rides (versus US), Mystic Manor being one that both my wife and I loved and rode multiple times. Toy Story Land was cool to look at, but really only​ the RC Racer ride stood out.

One thing - Stitch's Great Escape is in Mandarin, Cantonese, and English at different times. They are semi-refused to let me in during the Cantonese one, insisting I come back during the English one (I'm white, wife in HK-ese - they assumed we only spoke English,I guess). But the other shows were no issue and had subtitles.

They have some good snacks there too!

Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Figment!
04-25-2017, 01:16 PM
INTERCOTee's NotAGeek (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/member.php?14306-NotaGeek) (Michael) and Melanie (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/member.php?5-Melanie) have been to Hong Kong/Shanghai and Tokyo, respectively.

If they don't happen to see this thread, you could send try sending them a PM.

You can also hear about Michael's recent combined Hong Kong and Shanghai trip on Episode #91 of the INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2016/episode-91.asp).

jennsky
05-09-2017, 09:00 AM
That sounds like an amazing trip you have planned. PLEASE write up a trip report afterwards so we can read all about it!

Awesome_guy
08-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Back home and we actually did it! HK, Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland, AND Tokyo Disneysea! Working on a bit of a trip report as we speak!

Thanks all!

t