PDA

View Full Version : Birthday cake

ransam
04-19-2017, 02:36 PM
My son will be at disney on his birthday.
I want to buy him a cake for one of our dinners.
what would you reccomend?

Crystal palace-first night.
Noway breakfast.
prime time cafe
cinderalla breakfast.
lilo and stitch breakfast.
be our guest.

When you do it at a character meal, do the characters sing to him?

Zippy 1
04-19-2017, 04:08 PM
I would say to do it at 50's Prime Time Cafe. They make a big deal over birthdays. I have never seen the characters sing for a birthday. Only face characters would be able to as fur characters are silent. Most places will give the birthday person a card signed by characters. SOmetimes a cupcake or wait staff singing. But like I said I know they do it at 50's Prime Time. Enjoy!

SBETigg
04-19-2017, 05:11 PM
If you want an actual cake, you might have to order in advance. I would do an internet search for birthday cakes at Disney World to get information on where they will provide them, how much advance notice you need, and what the charges are. Some restaurants offer them, some don't. You could also order a cake for your resort room through the Disney florist, but it's pricey ($59.99 for just the cake). If you just want to order dessert and let them know it's for a birthday, though, that should be easy to arrange on the spot. Not sure how they would handle it at buffets or character meals, but a regular sit-down restaurant will usually decorate the plate, add some fancy touches, and deliver it to your table with some extra flourish, and I'm guessing there's some extra character attention at character meals-- but I wouldn't count on it considering the characters are already taxed to get to every table and might miss some details. Though I'm sure they do their best.

DebK
04-21-2017, 08:23 AM
If you want to order a cake to be served at one of the restaurants, the number to call is 407-827-2253.

ransam
04-21-2017, 04:25 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions and information. I was kind of thinking about the prime time cafe as well.

Maleficent's Dad
04-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Just sent you a pm

texas211
04-23-2017, 08:37 AM
There is an incredible cake place over at Disney Springs, by the WOD store. Amorette's Patisserie