PDA

View Full Version : Dining with an imagineer

ANG
04-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Can anyone offer a review of dining with an imagineer?

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-13-2017, 06:11 AM
Wonderful! We bought it for me DH a couple of years ago, and he LOVED it! The Imagineer was (as you'd expect) friendly and open and had great stories to tell. His was a small group (just him) and she didn't miss a beat, he loved the whole evening. She even invited us all to come and see her the next day at the attraction they were working to enhance.

faline
04-13-2017, 10:25 AM
We did this a few years ago at the Brown Derby and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The experience will vary depending on who you get as your Imagineer host/ess and their area(s) of expertise.

baldburke
04-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Next question...how much?

VWL Mom
04-13-2017, 04:36 PM
We did the lunch one at Brown Derby a few years back and loved it. I think there were 8 people at our table, very intimate setting in the small room off to the side.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-19-2017, 06:58 AM
Next question...how much?

This seems to be a great secret! The best I could find is ~$80 per person. May be a bit more these days (isn't everything more at Disney these days?) but at least it gives you a ballpark.

ransam
04-19-2017, 02:33 PM
I can tell you that i can not recommend this enough. LOVED it.
I have done it 6 times.
It cost about 80 dollars, but that incliudes gratuity.
The lunch alone is almost worth that. rolls, Cobb salad, soup, entre, drink and desert (recommend the grapefruit cake)
Thenk the opportunity to sit w/ someone who knows what they are talking about and has information behind the scenes.
The only down side at all, is sometimes you get someone who thinks they know more than the imagneer, and you ask a question and they try to answer it. We had one lady like that, and eventually my sister flatly told her, we paid to get the information from the imagneer not her.
also, sometimes you will ask something and they will politely tell you that can not give out that information. One time i had an imageer tell me that while nodding his head in affirmation.
i can't recommend this higher.