PDA

View Full Version : Sling TV

Gatchaman
04-10-2017, 09:19 AM
After finding out we pay $127 a month for cable--deceptively hidden in the bundle billing--we're going to dump it and find an alternative. I investigated Sling TV which looks very attractive, but the one downside it seems is you cannot pause live programming or record. Is there some way to do this alternatively if you have Sling TV...or is there another service which you can do that?

I also heard that YouTube is coming out with an alternative to cable. Does anyone know about that?

Thank you!

Dulcee
04-10-2017, 10:36 AM
You cannot pause or record. There is always a selection of tv shows that you can watch on demand, it varies from station to station, and some of the channels allow you to restart whatever you were watching from the beginning if you pop in half way through.

We've had sling tv for over a year now and have ZERO regrets. We do the $20 package plus the $5 kids programming. We also picked up hulu ($8) to watch some of the other shows we like.

Fusillejerry
04-10-2017, 01:41 PM
We briefly tried Sling, but had issues with the quality and reliability. It seems like maybe it was just a bad day or it has improved from things I have read recently. We have reduced our cable plan to the lowest available and watch most things on Netflix and Amazon.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

baldburke
04-11-2017, 01:44 PM
I'll be glad when the FCC deregulates cable and gives the power to the consumer. I could probably get away with 6 to 12 channels.

disneydave78
04-11-2017, 11:25 PM
After finding out we pay $127 a month for cable--deceptively hidden in the bundle billing--we're going to dump it and find an alternative. I investigated Sling TV which looks very attractive, but the one downside it seems is you cannot pause live programming or record. Is there some way to do this alternatively if you have Sling TV...or is there another service which you can do that?

I also heard that YouTube is coming out with an alternative to cable. Does anyone know about that?

Thank you!
https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

You get a lot of the network/broadcast TV stuff, plus some extras, so it looks like a good replacement for basic cable.

brad192
04-20-2017, 07:21 AM
Wow! YouTube TV sounds great! Just about all the channels I regularly watch, and at a reasonable price! I wonder how quality & reliability are though. Anyway, it's not available in my area yet, so it's a moot point. When it is, I'll certainly revisit.