PDA

View Full Version : line waits with/without bag?

mandaep
03-28-2017, 10:00 AM
So I've been planning to try to not use a bag this next trip in an effort to avoid the bag line but what have the lines been like lately anyways? I heard that even the non-bag wearing people have been getting scanned/etc, would it be worth my effort to not bring a bag (arriving april 30th).

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-28-2017, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure how it may have changed since our trip last year, but if we didn't have a bag, we had a far greater chance of getting pulled to go through the scanner.

Still, the scanner line was much quicker than the bag line most of the time.

Speedy1998
03-28-2017, 12:14 PM
I have heard that the guest without bags line no longer exist, and everyone has to go thru the bag line.

ThanxForNoticin
03-28-2017, 12:36 PM
I have heard that the guest without bags line no longer exist, and everyone has to go thru the bag line.

That was certainly not true as of 4 weeks ago when we were there. All 4 parks had no-bag lanes for guests - along with many/most guests going through the metal scanners.

Zippy 1
03-28-2017, 02:41 PM
All guests will be going through the scanners in the near future. It may have already started

Basket Mommy
03-28-2017, 07:24 PM

All guests will be going through the scanners in the near future. It may have already started

I was there mid-January and just returned from another trip on Friday. I went bagless both trips, as did everyone else in my party (6 of us in January, 2 of us last week). None of us were sent through the scanners, even last week when the crowds were a bit higher. I expected to be pulled into a scanner at least once, but I wasn’t. And yes, there are still entrances for guests without bags.

Zippy 1
03-29-2017, 12:45 AM
Security will be changing at Magic Kingdom as of April 4th.

DisneyVampire
03-30-2017, 11:02 AM
If you have no bags, you will still be required to go through the scanner. You don't have to go through the bag process.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

DisneyVampire
03-30-2017, 11:02 AM
It has been implemented in all parks

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk