PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Magic Bands

bartman539
03-25-2017, 10:58 PM
We will be headed to WDW in July 2017. We already have magic bands from our last trip from last year, but we are getting new ones with our new reservation. Can we use multiple linked magic bands or do we need to disable the old ones. We would like to order alternate colors and have the option to change throughout the trip. We also saw some on the MDE shopping site that we might like to get.
So can we have and use multiple magic bands as long as they are all registered to the same person/family member?

VWL Mom
03-26-2017, 08:37 AM
All your bands should still be in working order. I have disabled some of my oldest ones but usually have 4 active and have not had any issues.

Fangorn
03-26-2017, 09:06 AM
Yes, you can have and use multiple bands. Bands are nothing more than an electronic key to your MDE account. Everything is stored on your MDE account, nothing is "on your magic band".

My personal collection of bands is approaching 20 (we do a lot of split stays), and all of them work. The bands have 2 RFID chips in them - one that needs a battery and one that doesn't. At some point, the battery will die (approximately 3 years?) and the bands' ability to receive automatic ride photos and for Disney to track your movements will end. But anything that requires you to touch your band to Mickey's head (park entry, room entry, FP+) will continue to work as those functions use the other RFID chip.

Steve