PDA

View Full Version : At MK right now--CRAZY!!

WDWFRK
03-15-2017, 08:48 PM
Just a quick update from the MK. There was a 180-minute wait for Space Mt. We waited in the FP+ line for almost 25 minutes!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-15-2017, 10:25 PM
Wowzers!!! That is indeed CRAZY! Must be all us Canadians on March Break. :)

Zippy 1
03-16-2017, 12:01 AM
Add all the Colordoans that are on Spring Break too

DizneyFreak2002
03-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Spring Break for a lot of people... I understand Orlando is busy as a whole...

#1donaldfan
03-16-2017, 06:57 PM
....but we love it !!

LVT
03-17-2017, 01:09 AM
Yes it is spring break in our city also. 2 co-workers recently in WDW. Much nicer than here 20F.

Pat Ryan
03-17-2017, 08:29 AM
I was there on 3/15 (EPCOT by day and MK at night)... definitely packed in. The line for the Peoplemover wrapped part way around the Orbiter. Space Mountain was past that and getting close to Stitch (which was closed at 6p, don't understand that).

BrerGnat
03-17-2017, 01:47 PM
This week the crowds at Disneyland also swelled considerably. It was packed on Tuesday! Spring break seems to have begun in earnest, even though it seems really early to me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BriarRose0708
03-17-2017, 02:19 PM
It's break for a lot of colleges in the Northeast, and likely most of the country (except for Cornell, who insists on not having spring break until April!). March through May is busier than ever especially when Easter lands any time between now and late April!

JanetMegan
03-17-2017, 03:39 PM
I was coming to post the same thing. The crowds are almost as bad as New Years's Eve, no joke. They ran out of parking at the Studios this morning and RnRC was at 2.5 hrs wait. I really thought we were avoiding some of the spring breaks. Hoping it calms down a bit? We waited 40 mins for safari at rope drop and then by noon tried for some FP at MK and basically they were all gone. Have taken refuge at the hotel!

deedee73
03-18-2017, 01:00 AM
I am curious - I did not think this time was normally this busy. Was I wrong? I am currently trying to decide when to travel for my toddlers 1st trip to WDW - March/April/May (1st week is one consideration) another is end October/Novemeber. I hate heat and crowds...help please. Anybinsoght would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Pooh Fan
03-18-2017, 09:45 AM
I didn't think that it was usually crazy busy this time of year either. March Break I guess.

buzznwoodysmom
03-18-2017, 10:11 AM
Wow! And we though it was busy when we were there for Mardi Gras break. But it wasn't "2.5 hour long wait time for RNRC" busy!

Having been plenty of times over Mardi Gras break we thought this year was the busiest we have seen it at that time. Each time we go for MG it seems more and more crowded, but this time was far more packed than previous years. We still managed to have a great time! One of our best trips ever!

Perhaps this is just going to be a busy year for WDW across the board.

texas211
03-18-2017, 03:49 PM
3 hours for SM? At this rate, they'll need to create FP for the restrooms.

LisaP
03-18-2017, 07:57 PM
I am curious - I did not think this time was normally this busy. Was I wrong? I am currently trying to decide when to travel for my toddlers 1st trip to WDW - March/April/May (1st week is one consideration) another is end October/Novemeber. I hate heat and crowds...help please. Anybinsoght would be greatly appreciated.

I have heard that the week before Thanksgiving is a great week to go to WDW for low crowds. And it's decorated for Christmas = bonus! I've been in April and May and had excessive heat and humidity (high 90s) which didn't work well at all for my toddler. Enjoy your first with your little one!

deedee73
03-19-2017, 12:26 AM
I have heard that the week before Thanksgiving is a great week to go to WDW for low crowds. And it's decorated for Christmas = bonus! I've been in April and May and had excessive heat and humidity (high 90s) which didn't work well at all for my toddler. Enjoy your first with your little one!
Thank you for the info.

WDWFRK
03-23-2017, 04:19 PM
I would definitely choose early November if I had the option! Since I teach, I can only go in March, the summer months, or over Christmas vacation (eek!).

If you are set on March/April/May, just avoid any times around Easter. Early-mid May should also be okay. We've been a few times in March now, but this was by far the busiest I've ever seen the parks!