PDA

View Full Version : Disney World Wedding

Cinderelley
03-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Has anyone gotten married at Disney World? If so, can I pick your brain?

BrerGnat
03-14-2017, 10:16 PM
I did! Back in 2001. We did a custom wedding at the Pavilion and a reception at Ariel's at the Beach Club. Used Disney for everything. PM me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

roses
03-16-2017, 09:50 AM
I just came to ask the same thing! I pop in every now and again, and Intercot has always been my "home" for any Disney information. I'm planning a January 2018 wedding at Disney. Would love some input from anyone! Thanks! :cloud9:

BriarRose0708
03-16-2017, 10:36 AM
We briefly considered it but chose to get married at home. I am pushing for a 5 year or 10 year (or first anniversary??) vow renewal!

Cinderelley
03-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Brergnat had tons of great information for me.
I also just got off of the phone with Disney. They gave me some basic information. You can book as far as 16 months out. They will send out Save the Date cards for you. It is a $5,000 deposit. You can choose to go out there for a site visit and taste testing or do it all long distance.

BriarRose0708
03-16-2017, 10:47 AM
I just came to ask the same thing! I pop in every now and again, and Intercot has always been my "home" for any Disney information. I'm planning a January 2018 wedding at Disney. Would love some input from anyone! Thanks! :cloud9:

Congratulations on your engagement! I hope you enjoy the process!

BriarRose0708
03-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Brergnat had tons of great information for me.
I also just got off of the phone with Disney. They gave me some basic information. You can book as far as 16 months out. They will send out Save the Date cards for you. It is a $5,000 deposit. You can choose to go out there for a site visit and taste testing or do it all long distance.

That sounds pretty straight forward, I am glad you're moving along with the planning!

roses
03-16-2017, 10:49 AM
I was comparing the Escape and Wishes. We only have about 20 people (just immediate family), so I'm not sure I want to do the entire reception for just 20 of us. I called to talk to Disney to compare or see if I can speak to someone about the differences, and if we need to do a Wishes Package. I really liked The Attic for a location, but they said that's not available with the Escape package. So many questions! But they won't answer any until at least next month for the Escape package.

Cinderelley
03-16-2017, 10:55 AM
Perhaps you could do just a dessert party for 20 of you

BriarRose0708
03-16-2017, 11:07 AM
Perhaps you could do just a dessert party for 20 of you

This is a great idea, I was in EPCOT one evening and saw a dessert reception happening by the UK pavilion and they had an amazing view for IllimiNations. The bride looked glowing, and I don't think it's just because it was her wedding day.

I've also been at Jellyroll's (dueling piano bar at the Boardwalk) when a bridal party has been there and they looked like they were having an amazing time.

roses
03-16-2017, 11:19 AM
Great ideas! Thank you! I was looking into a dessert party during Illuminations or I see that they now do them at Animal Kingdom as well. Considered that too. I did see, however, that I would be unable to wear my wedding dress in the park (no big deal, I can always find a simple white sun dress for after the wedding). While I may be the Disney Bride, I want to really ensure my daughter and niece have a great time, so I am going to book them at BBB for the earliest I can get them and allow them to pick out whatever Princess dress they want. I was hoping to head over to the Grand for Afternoon Tea prior to the wedding, but then we are really getting into the whole day. Dinner later in the evening at BOG (but that doesn't seem feasible for a party of 20 either). Any suggestions at Epcot? You all are the best!

Cinderelley
03-16-2017, 04:29 PM
There is also a champagne and cake reception that you may want to consider. That way you can wear your wedding dress for pictures. I listened to podcast (I think that is what it is called. I'm so far behind on technology) yesterday that I thought was helpful. I'll try to find the link and PM it to you. I don't think I'm allowed to post it on this thread. I listened to it, because the wedding and reception was at the sites that my daughter has picked out, but it was very informative all around.

roses
03-16-2017, 09:19 PM
Thank you so much!

Cinderelley
03-19-2017, 02:36 AM
You are welcome. I hope it helps.