PDA

View Full Version : Rider Switch and FP+

ANG
03-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Help me understand the Rider Switch.

Can't you technically get twice as many FP+s? For example, get Soarin FP for dad and older child. Mom gets FP for her and older child for Test Track. And then the just use Rider Switch while one stays with the baby.

Is this frowned upon?

Dulcee
03-09-2017, 02:13 PM
When you use ride switch (whether with fast pass or without) you'll be handed a pass for the swap which will allow the person who remained behind and 2 other people to accompany them back through the fast pass line.

We split up fast passes like you described when its just my husband and myself and the baby. I don't see why it would be frowned upon. We tend to spend a fair amount of time waiting in fast pass lines, even with the switch.

j2k
03-09-2017, 02:39 PM
The way I understand from what I've read is that everyone would need the FP for a ride and it would not result in "double" FP but for some of your party may result in "extra" rides. I'll use an example Mom (M), Dad (D), Older child (OC), Younger child (YC).

M, D, and OC schedule FP for Soarin
Everyone gets in the FP line during the scheduled time.
When they get to the front of the line M and OC ride and Dad obtains rider switch pass and waits with YC.
When M and OC are finished, then M takes YC from D and D and OC get in FP line again to use the rider switch pass to ride.
So basically the Older Child (or whoever but that's what works in my party) gets to ride twice, once with each adult.

BUT, my understanding could be incorrect because I've never done it and only researched for our upcoming trip. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will clarify if my understanding is incorrect.

ANG
03-09-2017, 03:10 PM
Yes, the older child would be able to ride twice.

But what I was asking is do both parents need a FP to use the Rider Switch. If not, then you could get so many more Fps if you split them up.

j2k
03-09-2017, 05:06 PM
I hope someone answers your question. I've never heard or read that as I've researched rider switch recently.