PDA

View Full Version : AKL Standard or CSR

astronautika
03-07-2017, 04:57 PM
My husband and I just decided to go on an anniversary trip to WDW after honeymooning there 14 years ago! He'll already be in Orlando for a conference and I'm flying to meet him on Friday. It's just a 3 day trip (May 12-15), with one park day (Epcot, my choice/favorite). Now I just need to decide which resort to stay at! I've narrowed it down to these and would love some advice!

AKL Standard
- We'd prefer a King bed vs. Two Queens. What are the odds of not getting a King?
- I see that many standard view rooms have a decent savanna view, but is AKL still worth it with standard room?

CSR
- Like that we can purchase the dedicated King rate class.
- Would prefer a renovated room in Ranchos, but worried that it's too far from everything else. Do the non-updated rooms in CSR feel outdated?

Overall
- Which would you consider "more romantic?
- Which has better shuttle service?

Thanks!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-07-2017, 06:34 PM
We love Coronado Springs and have never stayed at AKL but it is on my bucket list. I think I would choose AKL.

VacationDisney
03-07-2017, 07:14 PM
AKL is our favorite place to stay on property. It's very calming there after a busy day at the parks. I think it's more romantic than CSR. Have also stayed at CSR and liked it very much.

Both are great options! Good luck with your choice.

astronautika
03-07-2017, 10:31 PM
I think I'm most worried about not knowing for sure that we can get a king room at AKL. TouringPlans room map made me nervous... There are not many king rooms, and even fewer standard! Maybe that bodes will for an upgrade, or maybe just get 2 queens. :(

#1donaldfan
03-08-2017, 12:09 PM
King or Queen either or at AKL will be fantastic !! Get the Savannah view in order to be able to wake up and have a great view of the animals. We love it there, the kids and I, but to honeymoon there would be even better !!

deedee73
03-10-2017, 08:47 PM
I would choose AKL over CSR anytime but for a romantic honeymoon without question AKL. Hope you have a magical experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

cer
03-10-2017, 10:45 PM
I have stayed at neither, but for a short trip with only one day in the park and if I was looking for a romantic stay, I'd definitely select AKL over CSR.

Cinderelley
03-12-2017, 12:21 PM
I love AKL. There is so much at the resort itself. I would definitely put in a room request for a king bed and make a note on your reservation that it is your anniversary.

I have never stayed at CSR. I live in the southwest, so the theming doesn't really appeal to me. For most romantic, I would vote for Port Orleans in the Mansion Section. I love night time walks along the waterways.

lawgirl
03-12-2017, 03:20 PM
AKL all the way. Its my favorite. So romantic, and it really feels like you are getting away from it all. I would stay there in a heartbeat. Make sure you call and tell them to put on your reservation that its for your honeymoon. I also faxed the front desk 2-3 days before our stay and faxed a room request, including info about our wedding date. I don't know if they still do that, but it never hurts. We were upgraded from a standard room to a savannah view king room. AKL is just the best!