PDA

View Full Version : Viewing for illuminations

ransam
03-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Besides the rose and crown, are there any other suggestions of a perfect spot to see illuminations? Or a restaurant beside rose and crown?

Zippy 1
03-06-2017, 04:45 PM
We watched Illuminations twice from the area right next to where they have the preferred viewing. Straight ahead as you are walking into World SHowcase from Future World. We did have to hang out for 45 minutes to make sure we did not loose our spots. It was fun. Everyone just sat around on the ground until the fireworks were ready to start then we all stood. Made for easy exit from the park afterwards

faline
03-07-2017, 10:42 AM
La Hacienda de San Angel in the Mexican pavilion has a waterfront location that would provide good views of Illuminations. Spice Road Table in the Moroccan pavilion is another restaurant location providing views of Illuminations.

Polynesian Dweller
03-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Those are good suggestions but the biggest thing is to pay attention to the wind direction. If you are standing where the wind is blowing you can have a lot of smoke. Over the years I've seen almost all spots get smoked out.

cer
03-07-2017, 11:24 AM
We are not big fans of crowds and the last time we watched Illuminations, it was from the upstairs deck in Japan right outside Tokyo Dining. We really enjoyed the view from there.

Speedy1998
03-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Those are good suggestions but the biggest thing is to pay attention to the wind direction. If you are standing where the wind is blowing you can have a lot of smoke. Over the years I've seen almost all spots get smoked out.

I totally agree, this is especially true of the "Let There Be peace on Earth" holiday addition of illuminations.

I find that any spot along the lake without a tree blocking the view of the center of the lake is a good place to watch.

Pirate Granny
03-07-2017, 01:59 PM
We've eaten ash many of times with our desserts at Rose and Crown

mamacon67
03-07-2017, 02:38 PM
We are not big fans of crowds and the last time we watched Illuminations, it was from the upstairs deck in Japan right outside Tokyo Dining. We really enjoyed the view from there.

We opted for an 8:10 dinner ADR for exactly this reason. Never been to Tokyo Dining, but hoping this is a good plan, for both the meal and Illuminations.

allgiggles
03-08-2017, 07:58 AM

I totally agree, this is especially true of the "Let There Be peace on Earth" holiday addition of illuminations.

I find that any spot along the lake without a tree blocking the view of the center of the lake is a good place to watch.

I agree with both of these comments. There are many good places to watch Illuminations -- basically anywhere that doesn't have a tree blocking your view *and* the wind isn't blowing in your face when facing the lake. We've been the victims of smoke and ashes on a few occasions. Once was because we were newbies and didn't know any better -- we had a great view until the fireworks started and then we just had smoke. The second time was when we were on an Illuminations cruise so we couldn't really control where we viewed the show from. The nice thing was that our captain gave us safety glasses to wear so at least the ashes weren't getting in our eyes.

deedee73
03-10-2017, 08:50 PM
We have watched feom various spots over the years and one favorite was a little overlook bw Canada & UK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

cer
03-10-2017, 10:37 PM
We opted for an 8:10 dinner ADR for exactly this reason. Never been to Tokyo Dining, but hoping this is a good plan, for both the meal and Illuminations.

Just an aside, we did not eat at Tokyo Dining, just watched from the deck outside. In fact, I think we were exiting from Teppan Edo at the time.