PDA

View Full Version : We have lost a dear friend - STRMCHSR - Christopher Perry

John
03-05-2017, 11:26 AM

Sad to hear of the passing this morning of INTERCOT's Staff Meteorologist Christopher Perry (https://www.facebook.com/christopher.perry.9404). So young and a guy doing so much good. Chris was pastor of Good News United Methodist Church in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. Will be praying for him this morning and getting together with INTERCOT staff to do something in his memory. Life is so short. Live every moment.

From his parents Facebook via Nanci at Magical Journeys:

We just received some very tragic and unexpected news. Our oldest son, Christopher, died very unexpectedly last night. To say we are all in shock is a total understatement. We are getting ready to leave Abilene as quickly as we can to head for Santa Rosa Beach to be with our daughter in law and grandsons. Please keep us all in your prayers.

We at INTERCOT have set up a Christopher Perry Fund for his friends on the site to help out his family - the donation link is here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CTG5VQZTS43LG

When donating, you can leave a personal message which INTERCOT will forward with the combined check in his memory. All proceeds will go directly to Chris's family for them to do as they see fit in this, their time of need.

Zippy 1
03-05-2017, 11:59 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. His weather forecasts will be greatly missed. RIP Christopher:crying:

chefmickey3
03-05-2017, 12:25 PM
What sad news! My prayers are with his family. I will miss his weather reports. He was so kind and gave good advice when we were in Florida as Hurricane Sandy was approaching and I was worried about getting back to Pennsylvania. So sad.

Dulcee
03-05-2017, 12:25 PM
For the many years I've been a part of these boards STRMCHSR's weather posts and his kind words in other posts have been a constant. He'll be so missed here. My thoughts and love to his family.

Tinkermom
03-05-2017, 12:26 PM
In shock, devastated, and heartbroken. We have lost a wonderful man who always put others first. You will be greatly missed my friend! Praying for his wife and sons as well as the rest of his family. :(

Disney4us2
03-05-2017, 02:40 PM
I am saddened hearing this news. My prayers and thoughts go out to his wife and son's. I'm glad I had the pleasure of meeting him and becoming friends. He was such an inspiration to me.

Polynesian Dweller
03-05-2017, 02:53 PM
Always consulted his forecasts before going. They were always well thought out and useful. He really helped when Matthew was approaching. He will be missed here.

Pally
03-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Prayers for his family. He will be missed by all who followed him on his site. I never met him but feel great sadness today.

dlpmikki
03-05-2017, 03:58 PM
I'm still having trouble believing it. My heart goes out to his family. I had the great good fortune of meeting Chris and his family and he and they were amazing.

faline
03-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Such a sad time for his family.

disney obsessed
03-05-2017, 04:39 PM
So very sad. Prayers to all who's lives were touched by him.

hoop de do
03-05-2017, 06:55 PM
It is so sad. We always looked forward to his forecast before our trips. He will be missed by many. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

TinkerbellT421
03-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Such a shock to hear this. Loved reading his posts daily on Facebook, and of course his weather forecasts here on intercot. Our condolences to his family. ��

EeyoresBestFriend
03-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Thoughts and prayers of comfort to his family.

KathyMO
03-05-2017, 09:48 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with his family. He will be greatly missed.

missymouseworld
03-06-2017, 06:55 AM
We looked to his weather and forecasts before every trip and shared his knowledge with others who were travelling to WDW. Sympathy to his family and friends.

Jeff
03-06-2017, 08:00 AM
Very sad! My condolences to our weathermans family.

PopPhan
03-06-2017, 08:48 AM
So sad and so sudden. :(

Many thoughts and prayers go out to Christopher's family and friends, including all here on INTERCOT.

cer
03-06-2017, 08:49 AM
So sad to read this news this morning. Prayers for family and friends who knew him personally and prayers for all of us here who will miss his kindness and dedication to the people like me who he never met personally, but to whom he was so very helpful and giving.

God bless you, Chris. You will be missed.

Mitzie
03-06-2017, 09:13 AM
I too am in shock. We also always looked to Chris for the weather regarding a trip. I loved his passion for meteorology. My prayers are with his family at this sad time.

Mackflava99
03-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Very sad to hear, my thoughts and prayers to his family

SandmanGStefani24
03-06-2017, 09:36 AM
It's funny how we feel bonds with other Disney folks here on intercot. I always enjoyed reading his posts and felt like he was a great help to anyone browsing the boards. Godspeed friend.

Sweetpea29488
03-06-2017, 10:25 AM
So sorry to hear this. I would always check his thread for our trips and even check out the hurricane report from him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He will be greatly missed.

Cinderelley
03-06-2017, 10:46 AM
:(

I am scared of flying but have had to do it frequently due to my job. His explanation of turbulence always goes through my head to reassure myself. "It's just like driving on a road, and the road gets bumpy."

buzznwoodysmom
03-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends today.

I always looked forward to checking his forecast for upcoming trips. He will be greatly missed!

laprana
03-06-2017, 12:36 PM
So very sad to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. He certainly will be very missed here on Intercot. :(

MizMissy
03-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Such sad news. I really enjoyed reading his posts. He was always such a gentleman. Prayers for his family and friends.

DizneyFreak2002
03-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Sad to hear this news... Chris messaged me several times, with words of encouragement, after my mother passed... Tried to help me deal with a tough situation... I could tell he was a great person, a decent individual, and those kinds of people are hard to come by today... My condolences to his family and friends... May he rest in peace...

AndrewJackson
03-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Thanks for sharing this information. So sad. He was part of my countdown routine and would always check his posts for the weather as we got closer. We are leaving in two weeks, and I was logging in to see the update. Praying for his family.

deedee73
03-06-2017, 03:59 PM
My heartfelt condolences extend to all who's lives he has touched either through weather, support, Disney, etc. How terrible for everyone to lose such a personable and encouraging individual who honestly cared so deeply for others. May his wife and sons find peace in knowing how many people whom his life impacted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ILoveLegos
03-06-2017, 04:03 PM
I am deeply saddened to hear that we lost Chris. My prayers are with his family.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-06-2017, 04:36 PM
prayers

lawgirl
03-06-2017, 05:01 PM
I will be praying for them. He was always so kind and helpful, and I always looked forward to reading his posts. So sorry to hear this.

princessgirls
03-06-2017, 05:04 PM
My heart is broken, Chris reached out to me when I posted a trip report after traveling with our then 11 year old newly diagnosed Type 1 diabetes daughter to WDW. A good Godly man, who loved the Lord, and his family. I am keeping his family in my prayers.
Julie

pianobabe
03-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Prayers going out to his family and all those he touched. I will always think of him and voodooland when I am getting close to my trip time. You will be greatly missed.

JerseyDad
03-06-2017, 11:35 PM
.....very sad to hear this news. He was a fountain of information that helped so many...

......my most sincere condolences to his family and his friends...

cubbie
03-07-2017, 12:29 AM
He was a great part of the community and seems like a great man. He will be greatly missed. Prayers for him and his family as he takes the step to eternal joy.

GBBT
03-07-2017, 07:30 PM
R.I.P. Strmchsr...always looked at forecasts before going to Disney....prayers to the family!!

azcavalier
03-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Sad to hear that. He was a huge part of the Intercot family. My heart goes out to his family, and his church family.

pixiesmimi
03-08-2017, 01:37 PM
So sorry to hear this! We always checked with Chris first before a trip and kept checking each day until we left for the parks. He kept us updated while there last year during Matthew. We are praying for his family. We are so sad!

Wayne
03-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Sad to hear this. Chris and I shared a vocation as United Methodist pastors. Although we never met, he shared some great tips on our visits to the Florida panhandle over the past few years. I do know that he was loved by the congregation at Good News UMC and they are devastated by his sudden, and unexpected death. Prayers for his family, his congregation, and all of the people that he touched.

We need more people like him in our world.

PirateLover
03-11-2017, 06:56 PM
Chris passed away on my last full day in Disney World. His last round of predictions were for my trip. I never met him at person but he had a great way of explaining the weather and always provided helpful tips and links. His kind nature exuded through his posts on these boards. He will be sorely missed.

IloveJack
03-13-2017, 01:21 PM
So sorry to read this. He was always so helpful in his posts. My prayers go out for his family.

merlinmagic4
03-19-2017, 07:53 PM
I am so very sorry to read this! I don't get on often anymore, but I always checked his weather forecasts before every trip. My condolences to his family and also his Intercot family.

jenperich
03-31-2017, 06:25 PM
Wow! This is such sad news. I have always enjoyed reading his weather reports. Prayers to his family and everyone close to him.

John
04-02-2017, 03:17 PM
The final accounting has been done - and together we raised $2500 for Chris' family. You all did an amazing job as usual of coming together. The check along with all your well wishes will be mailed this week.

Thanks to all who took time to donate!

mydisneygirls
04-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Such sad news. Prayers to his family and friends.

missastrocat
04-06-2017, 03:07 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Chris. I would always get so excited to see his weather updates on this board before a trip of mine or a friend of mine. I would always get asked to check my "weather guru source" before a trip and knew just who they were thinking of. I'm so sorry and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

steamboat willy
05-03-2017, 10:14 AM
So sad to be just now reading this post. A true gentleman, expert meteorologist and trusted contact on these boards. I feel for his wife and family. You will be miss, but more importantly....YOU will be Remembered! God Speed STRMCHSR...

threeh
05-06-2017, 10:55 PM
My thoughts are with his family and friends. I can't put in words how thankful I am for his advice over the years and years of planning here on intercot. Thank you for being a part of this wonderful Disney community. ((((Hugs)))) to all.
❤️������❤️