PDA

View Full Version : California Grill to Offer New Fireworks Viewing Package

Figment!
02-21-2017, 08:19 PM
Disney's Contemporary Resort has announced a new limited Fireworks Viewing Package at its popular California Grill restaurant:

... Enjoy canapés, a selection of sushi rolled by the expert California Grill sushi chefs, a selection of flatbreads and other small plates. A complimentary bar offering craft beers, California wines, cordials and coffee will also be available.

Just before the night spectacular begins, guests will be lead to their private observation deck, which offers stunning views of Magic Kingdom park and the fireworks. After taking in the breathtaking sights and sounds, guests can return to the private room for petit four desserts including decadent chocolate confections and fruit tarts.

Reservations for Celebration at the Top are now open for Thursday evenings from February 26 to March 26. Cost is $99 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Complimentary valet parking is included.

heathertyson35
02-22-2017, 07:58 AM
I'm not really a fireworks fan but I can see where this would be fun and not too expensive for those that are on a romantic date night.:)

Dulcee
02-22-2017, 09:11 AM
I actually don't mind the price point on this one at all. Its a great venue to watch the fireworks and we easily spend $100 a head for dinner at California Grill anyway.

DisneyGiant
02-22-2017, 12:54 PM
As long as it doesn't ruin the restaurant and make it homogeneous like all the others......

ThanxForNoticin
02-22-2017, 12:59 PM
I hope it doesn't take away from the fireworks viewing experience already available to dinner guests there. Are there observation decks on both sides of the restaurant? I can't recall. If so, they could use one side for restaurant patrons and one side for the special event patrons.

Dulcee
02-22-2017, 01:07 PM
I hope it doesn't take away from the fireworks viewing experience already available to dinner guests there. Are there observation decks on both sides of the restaurant? I can't recall. If so, they could use one side for restaurant patrons and one side for the special event patrons.

My guess is this will use the special event area which is separate from the main restaurant and has its own observation deck

faline
02-22-2017, 06:24 PM

There are observation decks on both sides of the restaurant. There are four total observation decks though, at least one of them is unlikely to have a view toward the Magic Kingdom. I've been on all four but don't recall whether the deck to the left front (as you enter the restaurant) has a view of the Magic Kingdom. Both the decks on the right have views to the Magic Kingdom.