PDA

View Full Version : Rivers of Light Show in the Animal Kingdom

andypooh
02-20-2017, 08:04 PM
How long is this show? What's it like? Is it on par with other big nighttime shows/fireworks/parades in WDW? Thanks.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-20-2017, 09:00 PM
When we were there 3 weeks ago, it hadn't started yet. Not sure when it does.

BrerGnat
02-20-2017, 09:08 PM
It debuted Friday night, the 17th.

It is very "artsy" in that it doesn't have a really solid storyline. It's a celebration of the collective spirit that binds all living things. The music is pretty good and visually it looks really great but I can imagine some people will find it boring and/or find themselves saying "huh?" at the end. It seems like a cross between Fantasmic and World of Color...lots of fountains and some floating set pieces that function as stages.

I haven't seen it in person but I watched a live stream of it the other night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Genie1953
02-21-2017, 01:57 AM
It seems like a cross between Fantasmic and World of Color...lots of fountains and some floating set pieces that function as stages.

I haven't seen it in person but I watched a live stream of it the other night.

I would say exactly the same thing. A cross between Fantasmic and World of Color!

Figment!
02-21-2017, 02:57 PM
There's notes from the Grand Opening weekend (and even a video of the First Guest preview) in the News forum:

Rivers of Light: Grand Opening Weekend Details (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?214212-Rivers-of-Light-Grand-Opening-Weekend-Details)

PirateLover
03-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Seems like you need to be dead center to have a good view. We lined up just under an hour before show time and it was standing room only. We were off to the side. It was hard to see the projections (no where near as crisp as Fantasmic or World of Color in DCA from our angle. Plus, the projections went by way too quickly. I would be trying to show my daughter the animal and by the time she looked that way, it was gone. The lotus flowers and animals were neat and I liked the music but the finale was a bit lackluster. People were wondering if there was more, then the lights came on.
Standing room only was not let in until 5 minutes before the show. I don't recommend it. If you can snag a fastpass for this, that's the way to go. Otherwise you have to line up way in advance to even get a seat. I cannot recommend doing standing room at all.