PDA

View Full Version : Single Rider Rides

SunnyLee
02-20-2017, 08:47 AM
Which rides at Disney offer Single Rider Lines??? Please and thank you! :mickey:

Altair
02-20-2017, 09:11 AM
It works great at Test Track and not so great at Rock n Roller Coaster. There may be others I'm not thinking of now.

buzznwoodysmom
02-20-2017, 09:48 AM
The single rider line appears to move fast at Everest.

We have only ever tried single rider at the cars attraction in Disneyland, and it worked great. We plan to do single rider at Text Track on our next trip.

Zippy 1
02-20-2017, 11:09 AM
Single rider line works great at Teat Track and Everest. We have never used the one on Rockin Rollercoaster. It enables us to do the ride multiple times.

BrerGnat
02-20-2017, 02:08 PM
Expedition Everest has single rider as well. That one is great!

Don't use it on RnR Coaster...it is sometimes longer than standby!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

joanna71985
02-20-2017, 05:45 PM
I love Everest! I once rode 14 times in a row (all via Single Rider)

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-20-2017, 05:46 PM
Test Track is a favourite of our family ... gets DH through the line without much wait at all. Everest is usually a really, really quick one as well, and I echo Natalie, RnR Coaster is the slowest single rider line EVER, or at least it seems that way!

magicofdisney
02-20-2017, 08:04 PM
Recently we were at Disneyland and my son used single rider for the Matterhorn. The first couple of CMs let the single riders through quickly. However, on his last single rider of the night, the new CM seemed to purposely ignore the single rider line. I stood there and watched her. She purposely went through the other line looking for groups of 2 or 3. It was almost like she was resentful of single rider line. Seeing these references to single rider at RnR made me think of this experience.

BrerGnat
02-20-2017, 09:05 PM
Recently we were at Disneyland and my son used single rider for the Matterhorn. The first couple of CMs let the single riders through quickly. However, on his last single rider of the night, the new CM seemed to purposely ignore the single rider line. I stood there and watched her. She purposely went through the other line looking for groups of 2 or 3. It was almost like she was resentful of single rider line. Seeing these references to single rider at RnR made me think of this experience.
Yes, that is what they do on RnR! They look for odd numbered parties to match up rather than pulling from single rider line. I have to assume these CMs work other rides that don't have single rider and end up on rides that do. Old habits are probably hard to break.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-20-2017, 10:30 PM
Our friend used single rider line on January 27 at RnR, the posted wait time was 50 minutes she was out by 20 minutes so it worked okay for her. My son once used the Everest and rode 17 times in a row. We were waiting for friends to arrive and they were late so he went over and over until they got there, it was fairly early in the morning though.

comicguy
02-25-2017, 07:11 AM
Single Rider Line at:

Everest - works great
Test Track - Works great

Rockin' Roller Coaster usually works terrible (I have had 1 good experience, less than a 20 minute wait) It does seem that the CM's will try to match parties up from the main line instead of taking from the single rider ride always asking for that party of 3 instead of just garbing 3 from the single rider line.

WDWPrincess
04-03-2017, 02:17 AM
The issue at Rock'n Roller Coaster is not just incidental.

If you think the cast members are purposely searching for odd numbered groups in the main queue rather than just pulling from the Single Riders, you are correct. They are trained to do so.

Why?

Because there is actually very little length to the main queue between the recording studio and loading platform. It backs up quickly. So they try to keep the main queue moving at all times - and they use Single Riders only when there is no other option.

BrerGnat
04-03-2017, 01:07 PM
The issue at Rock'n Roller Coaster is not just incidental.

If you think the cast members are purposely searching for odd numbered groups in the main queue rather than just pulling from the Single Riders, you are correct. They are trained to do so.

Why?

Because there is actually very little length to the main queue between the recording studio and loading platform. It backs up quickly. So they try to keep the main queue moving at all times - and they use Single Riders only when there is no other option.
Then why do they even offer single rider?

WDWPrincess
04-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Because when they can't fill in the empty seats with an odd-numbered group from the main queue, they then use the single-rider queue as the back-up.