PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass question

TIGGER17179
02-17-2017, 05:37 PM
We are thinking of going to the Not So Scary Halloween Party on this years trip. I was wondering since you can get in at 4pm can you get fast passes for this day? I assume it's like a day in the park but wasn't sure.
Also since it's just 2 Adults I assume this is still worth the money?

Genie1953
02-17-2017, 07:57 PM
We did the Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party in November and we were able to make and use our fast passes but we scheduled them early in the day. Not sure if they were available during the party.

Basket Mommy
02-17-2017, 08:37 PM
You can book FPs for times prior to the party, but not during. I think the last FP I could get started around 5:30. My sister and I went in October, and I could not get any for times during the party. Yes, it was worth it for me. We had a blast, but even on October 2nd it was kind of crowded to me. We did get some good candy and the photo ops were great! The Boo to You Parade was worth the entire cost of admission. I love that parade!

TIGGER17179
02-20-2017, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the input- We are going to be there 2nd week in October- I bought a 4 day pass thinking we could do the party on one night but just wasn't sure about the worth versus price. I've heard great things about it so I will check out pricing when it comes out.

Genie1953
02-20-2017, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the input- We are going to be there 2nd week in October- I bought a 4 day pass thinking we could do the party on one night but just wasn't sure about the worth versus price. I've heard great things about it so I will check out pricing when it comes out.

I had heard that the lines are very manageable during the parties but I will say that we rode no rides at all during the MVMCP in November. We watched all the entertainment instead which was great!

Basket Mommy
02-20-2017, 05:34 PM

That's what we did. We bought 3-day non-hoppers & MNSSHP tix. We did one full day at Epcot, one full day at DHS, then 1/2 day at Epcot with the party that night. It worked out great for us. We were really there for Food & Wine, but my sister had never been to MNSSHP, so she wanted to do that, too.

joonyer
02-22-2017, 08:50 PM
Is the party worth it? Well, I'll say that MNSSHP was a fantastic experience and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. The parade is fabulous, the fireworks show is the best one anywhere anytime at Disney, and all the Halloween candy just put it over the top for our boys. Like I said, we loved it. Several times. Back when it was $39.95 per person. That meant is was $120 for our family of four. Now that it costs $70 (and up) per person, it's well over $200 for a family of four. We haven't been back since the price got up to $50 and above. I guess that means it's not worth it to me anymore. Even though I think the party is great, it just costs too much for us now.

TIGGER17179
03-03-2017, 09:14 AM
One more question- If we are only doing the Party that day can we still make Fast Pass reservations? Meaning we don't have a regular day ticket just the party.

Basket Mommy
03-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Yes, from 4 pm until whenever they offer the last FP before the party starts. Just link your party ticket to MDE. You'll only have time for 2 FPs.

Genie1953
03-06-2017, 03:49 PM
One more question- If we are only doing the Party that day can we still make Fast Pass reservations? Meaning we don't have a regular day ticket just the party.

Don't you need to have a regular day ticket in addition to the ticket for the party?? We did for the Christmas party.

TIGGER17179
03-06-2017, 04:54 PM
I didn't think you needed both- I thought you bought the party ticket and you were able to get in at 4 pm and stay for the party. Please correct me if I'm wrong..

Fangorn
03-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Don't you need to have a regular day ticket in addition to the ticket for the party?? We did for the Christmas party.

You only need a regular admission ticket if you enter MK prior to 4pm. You can enter the park after 4pm using just the Party ticket. This is true for both MNSSHP and MVMCP. It's always subject to change, but to date, this is how's it's always been.

Steve

Basket Mommy
03-07-2017, 09:15 PM

You can enter the park as early as 4 pm holding just the party ticket. Any earlier than that and you need a regular park admission ticket. Just did that in October for MNSSHP. Had non-hoppers, went to Epcot with that the morning of Oct 2. Had party tickets & used them to enter MK at 4. No problems. That's how it's been ever since they started the Halloween and Christmas parties.