PDA

View Full Version : magic bands transfer

waymickey
02-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Is it possible to transfer a magic band to another person? I got two sets of magic bands my last trip due to a split stay. I never used one set . We are going this summer and staying offsite. My DH and I plan on using the magic bands again but my DD does not have one. Can I transfer one of the magic bands to her name? We are buying tickets offsite and getting an E ticket.

VWL Mom
02-17-2017, 12:35 PM
The official word from Disney is one it is linked to a person it cannot be transferred.

Q.
Can other people use my MagicBand or card?
A.
No. Your MagicBand or card is unique to you and only you are authorized to access the benefits associated with it—including linked tickets, FastPass+ experiences, touch-to-pay purchases and other entitlements. Once a MagicBand or card is linked to your Disney account, it cannot be transferred to another person.

waymickey
02-18-2017, 08:59 AM
Yes I found out yesterday . So I went to the disney store site to buy one for my DD and found out that they come with a warning.
"Safety

WARNING: Prop 65 WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING: This product contains bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical known to the State of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
:confused::mad:
Really?? So is it dangerous to wear or does it have to be absorbed into her system? Is this why they are coming out with key chain fobs? I did not buy one yet for her. I want more info.

BrerGnat
02-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Yes I found out yesterday . So I went to the disney store site to buy one for my DD and found out that they come with a warning.
"Safety

WARNING: Prop 65 WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING: This product contains bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical known to the State of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
:confused::mad:
Really?? So is it dangerous to wear or does it have to be absorbed into her system? Is this why they are coming out with key chain fobs? I did not buy one yet for her. I want more info.
This warning is EVERYWHERE in California . It's a California law that requires disclosure when anything contains chemicals known to be carcinogenic can be found. It can be found on most buildings here and it's ALL over Disneyland. It's really nothing to worry about. BPA has been linked to cancer when INGESTED. Many plastics and can liners (like for canned foods) contain it but it's only an issue if you are eating or drinking from it (which is why "BPA Free" plastic water bottles are heavily marketed). I suppose they have to disclose the BPA in the magic band because kids tend to put things in their mouths and that would be a no no with these.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

waymickey
02-19-2017, 10:43 PM
Thank you BrerGnat. I feel better about getting now.

texas211
02-25-2017, 03:49 PM
If you fly into LAX airport, they have that sign on the jetwalk. Everything in California causes cancer.

BrerGnat
02-25-2017, 06:51 PM
If you fly into LAX airport, they have that sign on the jetwalk. Everything in California causes cancer.
Nah. Everything causes cancer. California just doesn't want to get sued because they didn't tell you so. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TIGGER17179
02-27-2017, 08:04 AM
Has anyone used the keychain? I'm trying to decide between that and the band for our upcoming trip. Thought I could get one of the card extenders that attach to you and you can pull it out like you use for work cards.

LVT
03-17-2017, 01:22 AM
We bought firewood at a campground: "warning, flameable"

ransam
03-24-2017, 04:08 PM
We bought firewood at a campground: "warning, flameable"

reminds me of a joke where a guy bought a bunch of expensive cigars. insured them. Then after smoking them he reported ot to the insurance company that they were destroyed in a fire. They went to court and the judge ruled in favor of the guy and the insurance company had to pay. they insurance company paid then turned around and sued the guy for insurance fraud as he was an arsonist and set the fire.

Imalismom
03-26-2017, 06:14 PM
Has anyone used the keychain? I'm trying to decide between that and the band for our upcoming trip. Thought I could get one of the card extenders that attach to you and you can pull it out like you use for work cards.

I have the Minnie Mouse fob - LOVE LOVE LOVE it... since I hated the band on my arm, I never wore it, now the fob hangs from my purse strap and looks "Minnie Cool"....

mydisneygirls
04-20-2017, 07:06 PM
My haircolor has that warning on it. My daughter looked at it and said "Ma, this causes cancer in California." I said "well, I'm in Massachusetts so I guess I'm safe."

When we were there last year, somehow my kids switched bands by accident but they both still got into the park. Could never figure that one out!

VWL Mom
04-20-2017, 07:15 PM
My haircolor has that warning on it. My daughter looked at it and said "Ma, this causes cancer in California." I said "well, I'm in Massachusetts so I guess I'm safe."

:funny:

Little Round Bale
04-21-2017, 09:59 AM
Rather got off the track but what was the answer?

Last time I was at Disney they did not have magic bands.... just ordered an annual pass for me and my daughter..... will we have an option of either? Daughter is nuts over Pluto so bought the magic band Pluto for her off Disney Shop site.... can she use that? Never activated.