PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journeys

4disneynuts
02-11-2017, 09:58 AM
Hi everyone. I have a question about Magical Journeys applying discounts to your existing reservation. Can anyone tell me if they have not had good luck getting a discount applied. I'm hoping for free dining the week after thanksgiving and I'm on the fence about taking a chance and waiting to just book it myself or if I should book with Magical Journeys and hope they can get me the promotion. If I can't get the free dining I will be cancelling so I don't want to waste their time if that happens.

What has your experience been with getting discounts applied after you make your reservation. Thanks!

Itchy
02-11-2017, 10:31 AM
I have used magical journeys since 2007 and love them. If a discount comes along that will save you money they will apply it and then inform you of the good news. Magical journeys though cannot guarantee that free dining will happen, Disney makes that decision. I think they can kind of give you a history of when the dining plans have been made available. I don't think that they would mind making the reservations for you. I am hoping for free dining for an upcoming trip the end of October. Fingers crossed.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

faline
02-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Magical Journeys can only apply discounts that Disney happens to offer. When I have used Magical Journeys, they were always terrific about applying any discounts that came along to any reservations I had with them.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Magical Journeys is amazing, and is right on top of the discounts being announced, and tries to get them applied for as many customers as possible.

But, they can only get the discounts that Disney makes available, and sometimes they sell out so quickly that even the wonderful MJ agents can't grab them.

If you are only going if there is free dining, it may make sense to see if FD is offered during your time before booking.

Genie1953
02-11-2017, 02:59 PM
We have always had good luck!

PopPhan
02-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Magical Journeys has never missed an opportunity to save me money. They know about discounts, and apply them where applicable, as soon as they are announced.

You can not go wrong with Magical Journeys!!!

Cinderelley
02-11-2017, 07:34 PM
I have used Magical Journeys since 2005 including crazy family reunion trips with multiple families doing multiple things and changing resorts 4 different times on the same trip. I was going crazy with all of them, but Debbie stayed cool as a cucumber the whole time. They have gotten me a discount for every trip (even though I know this is never guaranteed), and free dining is my preferred discount even though I know a lot of times it isn't the best one financially.
There have been trips I've made that I had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, and I have never had any problems with cancelling. You pay the same price whether you use them or not, so you aren't really losing out on anything by giving them a try.
I can't tell you how many times since 2005 that I have thought "I wish I could use Magical Journeys for this" when I am making a non-Disney trip through a different travel agency.

WiltonJohn
02-11-2017, 07:52 PM
We love Magical Journeys. You can't go wrong.

best,

..............john

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-13-2017, 04:06 PM
Don't worry if one comes out they will apply it.