PDA

View Full Version : "WISHES" ending

Zippy 1
02-09-2017, 12:23 PM
I am so sad that Wishes is ending in May. Last date is May 17th. Hope the new show will be as good. Wishes will be missed:sad:

BrerGnat
02-09-2017, 12:52 PM
I am SO happy! I was tired of Wishes. Bring on something new and fresh!

Zippy 1
02-09-2017, 03:15 PM
I have the date wrong. It is ending on May 11th with the new fireworks to start on May12th

SBETigg
02-09-2017, 03:41 PM
I'm also happy about the change. It's time, and I really can't stand the song. Looking forward to something new!

buzznwoodysmom
02-09-2017, 03:42 PM
I am sad as well, but hopeful that the new show is as great!

lawgirl
02-09-2017, 07:09 PM
I am so sad! At least I can still watch on youtube...

thejens
02-09-2017, 10:18 PM
Devastated. :( :( :(

Polynesian Dweller
02-09-2017, 10:46 PM
I still enjoy Wishes but it's thirteen years old. It's time for something new.

Fastpasssteve
02-09-2017, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure what it was that made me cry each time I watched the fireworks. It could have been the music, the themes, or just standing there in the hub in front of the castle. I hope the next show makes me feel the same way.

joonyer
02-09-2017, 11:39 PM
I don't mind a change in the show, but I hope I'll still be able to hear Jiminy sing "When you wish upon a star"

Euby
02-10-2017, 05:31 AM

Wow! That long?! Looking forward to seeing what the new show is like.

magicofdisney
02-10-2017, 08:38 AM
I know change is inevitable. I understand that not everyone feels the same way about each show. But this and Spectromagic were my first nighttime events at Disney. I'll be sad to see it go.

cer
02-10-2017, 09:13 AM
This is a little bit surprising to me, but I think I'm more sad about losing the Welcome Show...

baldburke
02-10-2017, 01:19 PM
I had no idea it's been around that long either. My kids will sure be sad!

BrerFan
02-10-2017, 02:18 PM

Seemed like longer. Our kids (now 28,21, & 18) grew up singing "Wishes" on return trips. :sing:

Genie1953
02-10-2017, 11:24 PM
I don't mind a change in the show, but I hope I'll still be able to hear Jiminy sing "When you wish upon a star"

Me too! It just isn't a trip to Disney without hearing that! Hope they keep that in the show!

garthbarth1
02-19-2017, 04:19 PM
I am so saddened by this! "Wishes," to me is everything Disney!!! It gets all the feel goods going...I can't imaging it not being there. It makes my heart happy after a long day at MK :(

joanna71985
02-19-2017, 06:28 PM
Looking forward to the new show

ThanxForNoticin
02-21-2017, 01:01 PM
Sadly, we will really miss Wishes - one of our favorite fireworks shows anywhere. The concern we have is that the trend with Disney has been to make these evening events more showy than fireworks. Wishes might be the last of the mostly-fireworks shows they do - although I hope I'm wrong. And while we've enjoyed some of the "projection" shows, like the new Star Wars at DHS, there are far less fireworks and it's more important than ever that you get closer to the Chinese Theater (and possibly the castle, depending on the new show at MK) just so you can see what is going on. With Wishes, you could see it and appreciate it from Main Street or all the way across the lake. With the new show, I hope you don't have to be within 100' of the castle just to see it.

Lizzy
02-22-2017, 07:36 PM
I love fireworks. I am excited to see a new show. Like the previous post I am worried that it will be more lasers and show than fireworks.

baldburke
02-23-2017, 12:18 PM
I love fireworks. I am excited to see a new show. Like the previous post I am worried that it will be more lasers and show than fireworks.

Or drones... but there's nothing that can match a good old-fashioned firework as far as bang for your buck...literally!

mandaep
02-25-2017, 10:29 AM
We'll be leaving the 7th, guess we'll catch it one last time. I still can't believe I haven't heard anything about a night time parade..... I can't believe we won't have one when we go??

thejens
02-26-2017, 05:43 PM
Watching the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights with the cameos from Walt was one of the most comforting times when I was a little girl. The best part of the show was seeing Tinkerbell fly across the castle with fireworks going off. It seemed like an invitation to a magical world. I never got to WDW until I was an adult with my own children. Wishes took me back to my child self, full of awe and wonder. I like the other night shows at WDW, but for me they are just attractions. Wishes has been something truly magical for me. I can't imagine anything replacing it could be better. I am afraid we are losing something as essential as the castle itself. I wish they would add new shows if they must, but keep Wishes at least for some nights.

joonyer
02-28-2017, 07:59 PM
Watching the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights with the cameos from Walt was one of the most comforting times when I was a little girl. The best part of the show was seeing Tinkerbell fly across the castle with fireworks going off. It seemed like an invitation to a magical world. I never got to WDW until I was an adult with my own children. Wishes took me back to my child self, full of awe and wonder. I like the other night shows at WDW, but for me they are just attractions. Wishes has been something truly magical for me. I can't imagine anything replacing it could be better. I am afraid we are losing something as essential as the castle itself. I wish they would add new shows if they must, but keep Wishes at least for some nights.

Me Too. I have the same memories of Wonderful World of Disney. Tinkerbell mgically setting off fireworks over the castle. Even when our old TV was black & white!

MNNHFLTX
02-28-2017, 08:04 PM
I love Wishes, but I am ready for something new. Whatever show it is, I'm sure it will become another sentimental favorite.