PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movies v. Port Orleans Riverside Royal Rooms

Tinkerbell23
02-08-2017, 03:08 PM
I have a dilemma! We are booked at All Star Movies but are considering switching to A Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room. It is $800 more :( Looking to get opinions from people who have stayed in the royal rooms.

Thanks!:mickey:

Genie1953
02-08-2017, 05:59 PM
We have not stayed in those rooms since the remodel but Oak Manor was our favorite building previously and it is one of the buildings that has the Royal room now. We loved staying there as it was just a short walk across a bridge to the main building. You can go on YouTube and watch videos of tours of the various types of rooms and that should give you a good idea of what they are like. I am sure someone else who has actually stayed in a Royal room will be responding shortly. The Royal rooms seem to be quite popular.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-08-2017, 06:20 PM
We've stayed in a Royal Room, and they were nice. The theming is great, the location is good and we enjoyed our stay. They do feel "royal", but not in a crazy cartoon-ish way or anything. Some of the touches are subtle, and you have to look to notice them all. The only downside (for us) is that they don't have a ceiling fan (I'm a big fan of moving air in the Florida heat). Otherwise, there is a quiet pool right there, it is a quick walk across the bridge to the main building, and we LOVE the main pool at POR.

mook3y
02-08-2017, 09:42 PM
I have a dilemma! We are booked at All Star Movies but are considering switching to A Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room. It is $800 more :( Looking to get opinions from people who have stayed in the royal rooms.

Thanks!:mickey:

Unfortunately I can not be of any assistance with a room review.

We have stayed at POR a few times now. POR is a family favorite of ours.

Being able to use both pools gives you access to 2 of the most popular pools on site. Especially if you are have little kids, the Dragon pool at POFQ is a huge hit with kids. Well worth the walk or boat ride to go over there and enjoy that pool. As also stated here the Old Man River pool is really nice! We all love that pool! My family ranks it #2 pool on site, only surpassed by the volcano pool at the POLY.

We also enjoy being able to take the water taxi from POR to the Downtown Disney / Disney Springs area. its a neat ride and a nice break.

Maybe one of the best things of all at POR. Yeah Ha Bob!. If you have not had the enjoyment of spending an evening unwinding and having a great time with Yeehaa Bob Jackson, you are missing out on one of the truly GREAT Disney performers in the World. He's in that noisy room off the the lobby where all the people are having a GREAT time!

I think that covers our 3 favorite things about POR!

Have a GREAT day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-09-2017, 11:29 AM
Okay we just got back last week from staying in a Royal room. The room location was very good we were in building 90 Oak Manor overlooking the quiet pool. The location was convenient to the laundry, lobby and food court, the staff was friendly and the grounds beautiful. As for the room itself, yes it was pretty but we thought the pictures made it look fancier than it actually was. The beds were horrible, they creaked when you sat on them and were very uncomfortable. The a/c system was hard to figure out and we had a tough time keeping the room comfortable. Although it's been some time since we stayed at AS Movies I feel very comfortable saying it isn't worth an extra $800. Use the extra money for meals and shopping.

Tinkerbell23
02-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Thanks everyone! We have decided to switch to POR! All of your feedback was very helpful! We like the fact that you can take the boat to Disney Springs and that the bus situation is better than the All Stars, we always had to wait so long! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-10-2017, 11:54 AM
I LOVE Riverside and we have actually stayed in those rooms and although love love love it I'm not sure $800 is worth it unless you're staying 8 to 10 nights, then yea .... . .... very hard decision !!

texas211
02-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Pinto or Cadillac Escalade are your choices. Superior in every way. If you can swing the 800 bucks, money well spent in my opinion. I've seldom regretted spending more money, and have frequently not spending enough at Disney.

jonahbear2006
02-21-2017, 03:43 AM
I don't like dixie landings at all and I would rather stay anywhere else than there..the royal rooms don't sell it for me. I stayed there for 2 nights before we switched to AOA for the other half of the trip and I was happier at AOA. I don't feel like POR or POFQ have anything special to offer. They are both in need of a property upgrade. I feel like they put the royal rooms in there to convince people to stay there because people weren't booking.

Lizzy
02-21-2017, 06:41 AM
We loved our stay in the Royal Rooms. It was my daughter's 5th birthday and it was perfect for her. We spent the first day at the pool and they had a fun kid event. They have movies at night and we actually wish we got to spend more time at the hotel to enjoy it more. If you are not planning on being in the room or at the hotel much then I would say $800 isn't worth it, but if you are planning on being at the resort a lot then I would say go for it