PDA

View Full Version : Pandora - The World of Avatar Opens May 27

John
02-07-2017, 09:13 PM
From the Disney Blog...

Just Announced: Pandora – The World of Avatar Will Open May 27 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Just moments ago on The Walt Disney Company Q1 FY17 Earnings call, CEO Bob Iger shared the exciting news that Pandora – The World of Avatar (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/animal-kingdom/pandora-world-of-avatar/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q2JustAnnouncedPandoraTheWorldofAvatarWillOp enMay27atDisneysAnimalKingdom0002) will open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/animal-kingdom/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q2JustAnnouncedPandoraTheWorldofAvatarWillOp enMay27atDisneysAnimalKingdom0001) on May 27.

https://secure.parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/ava2342342342.jpg

https://secure.parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/ava34534522523.jpg

This new land will transport guests to the visually stunning world of Pandora. Here, guests will wonder at floating mountains and bioluminescent plants, and can join the Na’vi on two excursions that take adventure to the next level.

First, the family friendly Na’vi River Journey will send guests through a bioluminescent rainforest. Their journey will end in an unforgettable encounter with a Na’vi Shaman, a figure who has a deep connection to the life force of Pandora. And second, Avatar Flight of Passage will offer guests the jaw-dropping experience of exploring the world of Pandora atop a Banshee.

Guests will also be able to dine at Satu’li Canteen, grab a drink at Pongu Pongu or shop for Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits, and more at Windtraders.

williamabutler
02-08-2017, 10:15 AM
We arrive that day. I can't wait to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lindsey
02-09-2017, 11:35 AM
I will be missing the opening by a few weeks. :unsure: That's OK though, I'm going back again in October. That will give me a chance to read everyone's reviews before I visit. Is it weird that I am more excited for Satu’li Canteen than the 'Avatar Flight of Passage' attraction? :razz:

BriarRose0708
02-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Can't say I'm super excited for the new "land" but I am happy that it's FINALLY opening! It's only been, what, five years since they announced it? I won't be knocking down the rope to get there but I hope it's a success.

thejens
02-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Does any one know if the Flights will be like Soarin or are more like a real ride?

Also wondering about night hours. We have dinner reservations at Sanaa. Wondering if there is any reason to stay in park after dark.

Fastpasssteve
02-09-2017, 10:50 PM
I'm really excited to know if the Satu'li is counter service or table service. If table, I want to hop on a reservation as soon as permitted.

ransam
02-10-2017, 04:10 PM
We will be there the day after it opens, in some ways i'm very excited but bummed too.
It's memorial day weekend, so it will be packed anyway, but w/ the opening, i have a feeling it will be super packed. Who knows, maybe with all the people wanting to see pandora-it might open up the other parks to be less busy.

badkitty
02-15-2017, 11:21 PM
Is it too much to hope for a soft opening in April during the Star Wars Dark Side half marathon weekend? I am excited for this new land. I'm crazy for anything new.

DizneyFreak2002
02-16-2017, 07:04 PM
This land will be beautiful to say the least...

NewmanFamily6
02-17-2017, 08:52 PM
We are going in December and my family is so excited for this and the River of Lights at AK. Hoping that we will be able to get fast passes since it will be so crowded.

williamabutler
03-05-2017, 01:37 PM
We are going in December and my family is so excited for this and the River of Lights at AK. Hoping that we will be able to get fast passes since it will be so crowded.

I think you can buy a RoL dining package. Most of the seats are good and with Pandora opening I would think you could get a FP for it.

texas211
03-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Can't wait to see things at night/dark.

IMADisneyFreak
03-09-2017, 12:15 PM
So I have yet to find where exactly the World of Avatar is located in Animal Kingdom. Does anyone know where it is located once you enter the park?

j2k
03-09-2017, 12:34 PM
I think it's to the left where Camp Minnie Mickey and the FOTLK used to be.

williamabutler
03-12-2017, 03:52 AM
So I have yet to find where exactly the World of Avatar is located in Animal Kingdom. Does anyone know where it is located once you enter the park?

It's on the AK map now on the WDW website.

PopPhan
03-12-2017, 09:43 PM
I think it's to the left where Camp Minnie Mickey and the FOTLK used to be.

Exactly. It is replacing and expanding the Camp Minnie-Mickey section of the park. Head towards Africa, then turn left at Pizzafari (or has that been replaced as well???)