PDA

View Full Version : Member Lounge in EPCOT Imagination Pavilion

andypooh
02-06-2017, 04:17 PM
So how is the member lounge in EPCOT? We will be there in August so we figure it'll be a good break from the heat. Anything else offered there? Thanks.

NewDVCowner
02-06-2017, 05:24 PM
I went there on a couple of trips last year. It's a nice place to get out of the heat and rain for awhile. They have a Coke freestyle machine and a K-cup brewer that you can use. They also will go around occationally with bags of chips/cookies for you. There are plenty of places to plug in a phone if you need it. We only spent about a half hour in there each time. Just a place to take a break and then move on.

faline
02-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Nice place for a break. It also has some views that you typically don't get to see within Epcot. Worth a visit.

Basket Mommy
02-07-2017, 09:13 AM
I love it. I hope they keep it for awhile. I used it in August in the middle of the day when the heat was the worst. We spent about an hour cooling off & resting. We went again last month & got some great pictures at sunset. So pretty.

John
02-07-2017, 03:53 PM
I must be the only one that is unimpressed. Yep, it's nice to get free soda and in the heat of the summer, take a break, but there's not much to it. Also, given what used to be there (an attraction and things to do), it's hard not to be a little sour about it. Frankly, if more space was utilized where innoventions was - and they brought back the wonders of life pavilion, maybe there wouldn't be a need for air conditioned space.

I mean, it's a nice "perk" to feel you are special for being a DVC member - but really, it's just a sitting lounge. Now, if there was a DVC member bar up there - that might be another story :thedolls:

Certainly not something I would go out of my way to do. If you want to cool off, go on Universe of Energy ;)

Simba's Mom
02-08-2017, 12:19 PM
I liked it, but DH complained the whole time we were there that it was too cold. Seemed fine to me.

TheDuckRocks
02-09-2017, 09:05 AM
I was not impressed. The day we went up it was really hot up there, we left very quickly.

WiltonJohn
02-11-2017, 07:47 PM
Visited there during the last F+W Fest. Nice place to just "chill" for a few minutes away from the crowds and sound. Not a "big deal".....but a nice little "extra".

best,

..............john

FiggyFan
02-18-2017, 02:54 PM
Nice place to grab a drink and relax. Each member can bring up to 5 guests. Biggest drawback - no restrooms.