PDA

View Full Version : New Disney Vacation Club "Welcome" with MagicBand Entry

Figment!
02-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Disney Vacation Club has announced a new "welcome" effect when members use their MagicBand:

One of the simplest, and yet most meaningful, pleasures of Disney Vacation Club Membership is the feeling that comes from being welcomed in distinctive fashion. The words “welcome home” have long reinforced our neighborhood’s sense of community at Disney Vacation Club Resorts and events, greeting members not as visitors, but as family.

... members who have affiliated their My Disney Experience account with their Disney Vacation Club Membership will now see their MagicBands trigger a unique purple-to-green color sequence as they enter Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, Water Parks, DisneyQuest or the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

TheDuckRocks
02-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Nice to know that color combo meant something! One CM even commented under her breath "Well, that was weird".

faline
02-04-2017, 10:54 AM
I noticed the color difference on our last trip but never did receive an explanation for it even when I asked.

VWL Mom
02-04-2017, 12:50 PM
In January I had the new band and at MK (which was our first park) it actually said "welcome home"

dlpmikki
02-04-2017, 09:53 PM
We are somewhat underwhelmed..... :)