PDA

View Full Version : Cookies - the kind you bake in your oven

faline
01-26-2017, 07:30 PM
I made chocolate chip cookies today so Gene is a very happy camper. :joy::joy:

What is your favorite cookie?? And...bonus question...would you share your recipe with the rest of us??

Ed
01-26-2017, 07:38 PM
My 2 favorites are pretty much tied - - Chocolate Chip, and Oatmeal Raisin. And both types have to be soft, not crunchy. I'd share the recipes, but I'm not allowed near appliances that might burn the house down. :fireman:

BrerGnat
01-26-2017, 07:57 PM
Chocolate chip and Snickerdoodles are my two favorites.

I use the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe with the following tweaks:

Butter: only use Kerrygold
Granulated Sugar: replace with Sugar in the Raw
Vanilla: double the amount
Flour: replace 1 cup all purpose with oat flour

I add half a bag of Heath Toffee bits (the kind without chocolate) sometimes.

And always refrigerate the dough for an hour before baking for the perfect crispy outside and chewy inside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Lizzy
01-26-2017, 08:09 PM
Chocolate chip! I just use the recipe on the chocolate chip bag. No secrets here.

I love snickerdoodles but I have never tried to make them

PirateLover
01-26-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm not much of a baker. My Italian mother-in-law has been trying to teach me to make biscotti. It's not easy! I don't have the recipe on hand, but she never really follows it anyway. "It calls for x amount but i usually add a little bit more." :)

Zippy 1
01-26-2017, 09:48 PM
I make a Chocolate cookie with dark chocolate chip and mint chip in them. A friend calls them a breakfast cookie. Also Pizzelles

deedee73
01-26-2017, 11:36 PM
Just made the most excellent animal cracker cookie for my son's 4th bday (zoo themed). It was a cross bw a short bread & a sugar cookie with the addition of a few spices. Everyone commented on how great they were. And bonus - the dough was super easy to work with. Glad to share the recipe if anyone is interested.

I do love simple cookies - sugar, chocolate chip, oatmeal etc. Pizzelle & waffle cookies are a favorite when homemade.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Figment50
01-27-2017, 04:40 AM
Snickerdoodles or Chocolate Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Also in our family a favorite is a horseshoe shaped cookies. Never did get the real name from my Grandmother but I did get the recipe and since she was the one that made the cookies we call them grandma cookies. I might not know the name but the family recipe has been passed on.

magicofdisney
01-27-2017, 08:29 AM
I'm not a big fan of chocolate chip cookies. I have to be in the mood for chocolate. But peanut butter? Oh my! I'm pretty sure I could eat an entire jar of peanut butter in one sitting. I haven't tried to yet, but the day may come. However, it must be natural peanut butter.

So, peanut butter cookies are my favorite. And I want a heavy peanut butter flavor (naturally, not artificially).

faline
01-27-2017, 10:51 AM
Chocolate chip and Snickerdoodles are my two favorites.

I love snickerdoodles also!!

luvdiznee
01-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Double Chocolate Chunk...

faline
01-27-2017, 10:54 AM
I love snickerdoodles but I have never tried to make them

I don't make them often but they are pretty easy to make:
1-1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
Blend these ingredients together well.
Stir in 2-3/4 cups flour, 1 tbsp cream of tartar, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp salt and blend together.
Shape the dough into balls about the size of a golf ball.
Roll each ball in a combination of 2 tbsp sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon.
Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 400° for 8 - 10 minutes.

Simba's Mom
01-28-2017, 02:38 PM
I made chocolate chip cookies today so Gene is a very happy camper. :joy::joy:

So when are you inviting me over? Chocolate chip are definitely my favorite, followed by almost any other. There's only one kind I don't like-oatmeal raisin! Fortunately for DH, he likes those, so when he wants cookies that's what he buys. Any other kind he knows will probably magically disappear.

Lizzy
01-28-2017, 03:03 PM
Omg thank you I am so trying these soon!

Cinderelley
02-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Double Chocolate Chunk recipe from Intercot makes my favorite cookies. <3

Scallywag
02-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Chocolate chip and Peanut butter are my favorites. ( Or a peanut butter chocolate chip combo word work too! )

garymacd
07-20-2017, 01:38 PM
I made about 12 dozen chocolate chip cookies for a party this past weekend.

They are all gone! I didn't get any!

Except for the half dozen I ate while baking them.

faline
07-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Except for the half dozen I ate while baking them.

They must have been delicious!! And, at least you got some while they were very fresh!!!

Mendelson
07-20-2017, 02:00 PM
The Toll House recipe is somewhat amazing in that it came nearly fully formed from the mind of Ruth Wakefield 80 years ago and really can't be improved upon. What else can you say that about??

My tips for making the best cookie:

Make sure the butter is room temperature and, as previously noted, use Kerrygold or European-style
King Arthur flour, or another high-end flour
Good, European chocolate chips (or Ghirardelli if you can't get good stuff)
Use a high-end vanilla
Pasture-raised eggs (or from a local farm, if you have access), brought to room temperature
Make sure you cream the butter and sugars for just the right amount of time...not too long, not too short. I can't say what this but just know the look...watch a youtube video for advice.
When adding dry ingredients to the wet, fold in with a spoon first before mixing with the mixer
THE HARDEST PART - after assembling the dough, let it sit overnight. This will result in a more complex taste.
When baking - use a Silpat sheet or parchment paper, not for sticking but for controlling spread.
When baking - underbake. Ovens vary, but mine is set at about 325 for nine minutes. Cookies should look not-done when you pull them out, jiggly in the middle. Let stand for about two minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Optional - While they are still cooling on the sheet and before you move them, sprinkle with a tiny amount of sea salt.

My cookies are expensive to make but, if I may say so, are insanely good.

BrerGnat
07-20-2017, 11:09 PM
The Toll House recipe is somewhat amazing in that it came nearly fully formed from the mind of Ruth Wakefield 80 years ago and really can't be improved upon. What else can you say that about??

My tips for making the best cookie:

Make sure the butter is room temperature and, as previously noted, use Kerrygold or European-style
King Arthur flour, or another high-end flour
Good, European chocolate chips (or Ghirardelli if you can't get good stuff)
Use a high-end vanilla
Pasture-raised eggs (or from a local farm, if you have access), brought to room temperature
Make sure you cream the butter and sugars for just the right amount of time...not too long, not too short. I can't say what this but just know the look...watch a youtube video for advice.
When adding dry ingredients to the wet, fold in with a spoon first before mixing with the mixer
THE HARDEST PART - after assembling the dough, let it sit overnight. This will result in a more complex taste.
When baking - use a Silpat sheet or parchment paper, not for sticking but for controlling spread.
When baking - underbake. Ovens vary, but mine is set at about 325 for nine minutes. Cookies should look not-done when you pull them out, jiggly in the middle. Let stand for about two minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Optional - While they are still cooling on the sheet and before you move them, sprinkle with a tiny amount of sea salt.

My cookies are expensive to make but, if I may say so, are insanely good.I basically do all this. Except, I use Sugar in the Raw instead of granulated sugar. Love the texture it provides. Little bit of crunch along with the chew.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk