PDA

View Full Version : Week after easter or August

waymickey
01-20-2017, 11:32 AM
Which is a better less crowded time to visit, The week after Easter or August? I have been in August but never in the spring. How is the weather in the spring? Is it hot or comfortable? I am planning a short trip just 4 days and looking to avoid heavy crazy lines.

Speedy1998
01-20-2017, 12:59 PM
The weather is unpredictable, but usually cooler than August. Normally lows in the high 60's and Highs in the mid 80's. The crowds around Easter are usually pretty heavy, though it is rather late this year so that may help.

barnaby
01-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Went in 2008 during Easter. Weather was nice, no rain. Parks were very crowded but open late.

We go every few years now at the end of August. Southern schools are back and crowds at the parks are pretty low. Weather is usually hot and rain at least once a day.

I would recommend either, depending on your preference of crowds or heat.

Zippy 1
01-20-2017, 06:44 PM
Have never been at Easter but was there in August into September this past year. August was very hot, humid and rain daily. Crowds were up there. But once labor day went by there was very few people there. It was still very hot but most rides were walk on

Kairi_7378
01-20-2017, 10:19 PM
If you have a choice, I would avoid the time near Easter. Crowds are incredibly high at that time. (As in, not able to take a full step.)

August can be quite warm and humid but as a seasoned Disney traveler, I think that you will be able to plan your day so that it is manageable. Between FP's, ADR's/ meals, and dark rides, you can take well-spaced breaks from the heat. Reduced crowd levels help, too. If you decide to go in April I would just try to temper expectations a little due to crowds.

Giggy
01-21-2017, 08:44 PM
We had a good visit at the end of August in 2010. The weather was hot - but by UK standards Florida is pretty much always hot so we expected it! I'm not good stood out in the sun for too long but find I cope ok in WDW as I can always duck into a shop or a dark ride when it gets too intense. In any case Disney are pretty good at keeping their queues cool, when younger I remember really struggling in one of the rival parks in an outdoor queue. Florida is of course rainier in the summer and though the rain can be pretty intense we found if you sat it out it usually calmed down again in 30-45 minutes. :mickey:

We had a lucky time with crowds, more so than we expected. In the UK (where schools tend to go back first week of September) late August is often a time advised where you can get reasonable crowds without taking kids out of school so expect to hear a few more British accents than usual. ;)

That year though I think was actually slightly quieter than usual... first day we went straight for Splash and Big Thunder and each only had 10 minute waits, Animal Kingdom we walked on Everest twice in a row and with good use of Fastpasses we rarely waited more than 30 minutes for a ride. Not saying everyone is as lucky as we were but it impressed us! Don't tell too many people though, don't want to have to share late August too much in the future!

SBETigg
01-22-2017, 12:05 AM
Easter and week after Easter (basically the two weeks around Easter, week before and after) have large crowds. August, especially the later in the month, has moderate crowds. I've been at both times and vastly prefer August for crowds, though weather has been better in the Easter time frame for me.

thejens
01-22-2017, 06:24 PM
I've never been in August, but have been several times in April. We get to the park upon opening and use fast passes and were never bothered by crowds. The weather is really beautiful. Hot enough to swim, but not so oppressive that we were ever bothered. You definitely need to plan in April, and we normally follow the Unauthorized Guides tour schedules, but it has been great for us!

BrerGnat
01-23-2017, 02:05 PM
We have been in August and April. I preferred the April weather, but the crowds were WAY lower in August. Spring break just gets crazy busy at WDW. It's really a toss up as to which you hate more: huge crowds, or hot, humid weather.