PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plans with Teens

thejens
01-14-2017, 11:45 AM
So...after briefly considering NOT doing a dining plan, I looked at the prices of actual meals, considered our general dining habits (not QS) and need to sit down and rest during the day, and the ease of telling teens- go get any quick service you want instead of negotiating prices etc....we went with dining plan. Due to the fact that you can only order FP in one park and because we actually rarely hop, I chose base tx instead of hoppers this time. So our restaurants are all in or near park of the day. Because I am at 132 day mark I quickly made the following reservations:

MK
Be Our Guest-lunch quick service
Kona- Dinner
Wishes

HS
Sci Fi-lunch (prob not use plan just get shake and share a sandwich)
Cali Grill (only for 2 adults-kids can chill at resort and counter service)

AK
Tusker House - bfast (possibly pay oop for this one)
Sanaa-dinner

Epcot
Counter Service in the world
Cape May Dinner (may cancel this and just do counter service in the world again)
Illuminations

MK- or other park if teens prefer-flexible day
Skipper Canteen Lunch (again, pondering if this is worth a table service)
QS dinner either at Poly by pool, or Disney Springs??? Or chill at resort? ASMU???

Epcot-final day then head to Universal City Walk for dinner
Askursus for lunch- my teens still love their princesses!

Any thoughts? Better suggestions? We've been to all but Skipper Canteen, and I am planning to be firm about morning and lunch plans, but see how hot and tired we get in the evenings and be more flexible. Yay! It's been a few years!!

faline
01-14-2017, 12:29 PM
We did Skipper Canteen when it first opened and I was glad we had a chance to wander through the restaurant. I wasn't overly impressed with the food and have not felt a need to return to it since then.

thejens
01-14-2017, 01:07 PM
Wondering if I should switch from Cape May (where we have been and loved) to Chef's de France (for a change?)

#1donaldfan
01-16-2017, 01:42 PM
Change can be fun but I'd pick another TS to switch from ... Cape May is just that good and to risk changing from that to another is too risky for me !! Cape May all the way !!

Hammer
01-16-2017, 03:15 PM
Based on the ages of your kids (I think I saw in another post the ages range from 13-17), I would keep Cape May for dinner. Buffets work well with hungry teenagers!

A suggestion for the kids on your California Grill date night (great choice!). Maybe they could eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe? Bottomless milkshakes and those menu choices should appeal to teens. I love the bacon cheeseburger there! Take transportation to MK, then split up with you heading for the monorail and the kids to the WL boat. The kids will enjoy that feeling of grownup independence (especially the 17 year old).