PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars fireworks at HS?

buzznwoodysmom
01-11-2017, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know if or when Star Wars fireworks will return to Hollywood Studios? We will be there in late February and are really hoping to be able to see this. :yoda:

Basket Mommy
01-11-2017, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty sure they're back already. The Christmas fireworks were temporary. They're on tonight's schedule for 745 pm.

buzznwoodysmom
01-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Interesting. When I check the schedule for our datesnits not showing up.

Basket Mommy
01-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Are you traveling after Feb 22nd or so? Nothing is showing past that date for some reason, but there have been no announcements about the show changing.

buzznwoodysmom
01-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Yes, we are traveling past Feb. 22. I see that the fireworks are scheduled for 7:45 on nights before our dates. Is that the usual time?

Has anyone successfully watched Fantasmic and Star Wars fireworks in the same night? Fantasmic is scheduled for 7pm and I am guessing fireworks will be at 7:45 like previous nights in Feb. Is it reasonable to try to do both?

IloveJack
01-12-2017, 08:55 PM
They are back. They returned on 12/16, but they only show on weekend nights, per the CMs while we there 3 weeks ago.

thejens
01-17-2017, 10:58 PM
I've never seen the Star Wars fireworks. Does anyone know if they will be on display in May/June? Would the times be later due to later sunset? Is it worth coming back to the park or staying in the park for them? We never stay a full day in this park and it's hard to imagine staying that late. Is it as good as Wishes?

Basket Mommy
01-18-2017, 05:15 PM
I've never seen the Star Wars fireworks. Does anyone know if they will be on display in May/June? Would the times be later due to later sunset? Is it worth coming back to the park or staying in the park for them? We never stay a full day in this park and it's hard to imagine staying that late. Is it as good as Wishes?

Yes, the times will vary with the sunset. We were just there and they went off at 8 pm, but when I saw them in August they were shot off later. Yes, they're worth coming back for. Take a break, swim, rest, and come back for them. In my humble opinion as a fan (but not a super Star Wars geek fan), they are amazing. While the fireworks themselves might not be better than Wishes, it's the lasers and the film footage and music and fire AND the fireworks that make them amazing. I think it's the best nighttime show on Disney property.

buzznwoodysmom
01-18-2017, 07:12 PM
I think we may try to see this twice! We'll give it a try after Fantasmic on the night we are planning Fantasmic. Then we'll try and catch it again on a night we don't plan on seeing Fantasmic. With two Star Wars fans in the family I am sure twice won't be a problem.

IloveJack
01-20-2017, 09:38 PM
I must agree with Basket Mommy. They are definitely worth coming back for. They were awesome! Other than Hallowishes, they are the best fireworks Disney offers.

LWMW
01-29-2017, 10:28 AM
I think we may try to see this twice! We'll give it a try after Fantasmic on the night we are planning Fantasmic. Then we'll try and catch it again on a night we don't plan on seeing Fantasmic. With two Star Wars fans in the family I am sure twice won't be a problem.

Are the fireworks and Fantasmic scheduled at times that you would be able to see both of them on the same night? I was thinking I may have to plan two evenings at HS to see both shows.

John
01-29-2017, 11:07 AM
If you look on INTERCOT's Facebook page, Christine did a live broadcast of it the other night [emoji3]

buzznwoodysmom
01-29-2017, 11:18 AM
LWMW,

Fantasmic is at 7pm and Star Wars at 7:45 on our night. If we feel we didn't get a goiod view of Star Wars on our first night after Fantasmic we will hop back on another night specifically for Star Wars.

I am reading in other places some people have done both with no problems, then others who said their view of Star Wars wasn't really good with getting there after Fantasmic. Well see how it goes.

ransam
02-03-2017, 02:20 PM
i am hoping it will be there in May.

cer
02-03-2017, 03:39 PM
When we were there in June 2016, we were able to do both in one night.

This was when they were doing the Star Wars Fireworks and not the Star Wars projection show - but yes, we were able to get Fantasmic and the Fireworks with no problem.