PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

dkmwong
01-10-2017, 07:35 PM
Hi All, We were at MK last May and my wife went up to the Firehouse and wanted to do the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom for the playing cards to add to her scrapbook. She was told that she needed to sign up in advance and she felt like she was just brushed off. We are going again this December and she really wants to try this again. Any advice? I know the website says to sign up at The Firehouse, we can certainly do that but do they expect you to come back to start the game?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Basket Mommy
01-10-2017, 08:51 PM
I was at MK for MNSSHP on Oct 2 and was able to ask for the special Halloween party card for a friend's daughter. Nobody asked me if I'd signed up.

Altair
01-10-2017, 09:04 PM
I just went in and asked for the cards, too. I didn't need to sign up for anything. :mickey: They wanted me to play, but I said I was just interested in the cards.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-10-2017, 10:25 PM
We had a similar experience. The first time we went in, they wouldn't give us the cards unless we signed up. We tried to get more cards later in the trip, and they wouldn't give them to us, since we hadn't played the first "portal".

Maybe try in the morning, when it isn't so busy?

Lindsey
01-13-2017, 11:49 AM
They don't want to hand out cards to people who aren't actually playing. You can sign up, (start a game), at the firehouse and then just not play. You'll get the cards but won't be able to get another pack until you play through a game, (and they will only give out 1 pack of cards per day). The game doesn't take long, and it's actually kind of fun. If you want to avoid all of that you can just buy the cards as well, (they also include game sheets), at the gift shop across from the firehouse, (The Emporium).

Lizzy
01-23-2017, 07:12 AM
We signed up and started our game at the firehouse. You can keep continuing the same game from where you left off for each visit. If you go in the firehouse and you have to scan your band to start/ restart a game get cards. All players must scan each time.